Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    That last minute was trifling (and terrible, embarrassing, etc). We did a few things alright tonight but I don't think we have a player that makes more quality plays than mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    That last minute was trifling (and terrible, embarrassing, etc). We did a few things alright tonight but I don't think we have a player that makes more quality plays than mistakes.
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndHokie39 View Post
    Poor officiating at the end. Even worse free throw shooting and decision making on our part.
    It was pretty bad. I need someone to explain the new blocking/charging rules, because I think they screwed up 2 out of the 3 they made last night.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    It was pretty bad. I need someone to explain the new blocking/charging rules, because I think they screwed up 2 out of the 3 they made last night.
    Last night was one of the few charging call that I've seen called this year. The one on Eddie defies logic.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Here is the guidelines that refs are supposed to use when determining if a foul is a block or charge.

1. Before the offensive player (with the ball) becomes airborne, the defender must have two feet on the floor, be facing the opponent and be stationary to draw a charge. Otherwise, it should be a blocking foul.

2. Secondary defenders (help defenders) moving forward or to the side are also in violation and those should be blocking fouls.

3. Contact that is “through the chest” is not de facto proof of a charge. The rule in its entirety must be considered before determining a foul.

4. In some cases, it appears a defender is being rewarded solely for being outside the arc, without considering the other aspects of the rules.

Now whether refs clearly understand these changes or not is an entirely different matter.