Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BeamerBallin View Post
    Bud won't admit but that was a big freaking mistake
    We will never know if it was a mistake or not. Since Foster made the decision to remain at VT, he is now considered one of the top DCs in the country. If he had decided to take either job, then we know 1 of 3 things would have happened:

1. He would have been successful and his would still be known as being one of the best DCs in the nation.
    2. He would have been okay and his reputation as DC may have taken a hit.
    3. He would have been a failure and it is unlikely he would be viewed as one of the best DCs in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    We will never know if it was a mistake or not. Since Foster made the decision to remain at VT, he is now considered one of the top DCs in the country. If he had decided to take either job, then we know 1 of 3 things would have happened:

1. He would have been successful and his would still be known as being one of the best DCs in the nation.
    2. He would have been okay and his reputation as DC may have taken a hit.
    3. He would have been a failure and it is unlikely he would be viewed as one of the best DCs in the nation.
    4. He would have been successful and gotten hired as a head coach somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Compeau View Post
    4. He would have been successful and gotten hired as a head coach somewhere.
    That is a possibility too. However, I was trying to keep it an apples-to-apples comparison since he is still currently just a DC (hence my reason I didn't include it.