Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    That was exactly my point. They don't make $X.XX for all YY million subscribers in Florida. If I had to pay for every channel regardless of whether I actually got it on my cable, my bill would be much more expensive than its already ludicrous price.
    yes, people assume they will be able to get on basic in SEC markets which i think is a HUGE stretch. i would imagine getting on a mid-tier package (ala FiOS Extreme) in SEC states and on a premium package (ala FiOS Ultimate) in non SEC states would be the reality.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    That was exactly my point. They don't make $X.XX for all YY million subscribers in Florida. If I had to pay for every channel regardless of whether I actually got it on my cable, my bill would be much more expensive than its already ludicrous price.
    Why else do you think the price is so ludicrous? You already pay for them. Granted some of them are in cents (like the B1G Network, which is reportedly $.10/subscriber outside the B1G footprint), but they add up.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    yes, people assume they will be able to get on basic in SEC markets which i think is a HUGE stretch. i would imagine getting on a mid-tier package (ala FiOS Extreme) in SEC states and on a premium package (ala FiOS Ultimate) in non SEC states would be the reality.
    ESPN will make sure it will be on basic, especially in the SEC markets. I would imagine that Dish and Direct will put it on a non-sports tier as well.