Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Reported here that LSU has offered...

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by IB4TECH View Post

Crap. Time to step up VT.

How many recruits could we lose?

'07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IB4TECH View Post

i think thats been known for a couple days now... FWIW les miles said he didnt want to talk about the new coach, and that they hadnt selected one. when pressed WRT timeline he said that they might hire one in "7-10 days". that was yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    First of all, the Hokie Club is a joke of a fundraising organization. The single most passive fundraising body I've ever encountered in my life. The problem right now is that a vast majority of the alumni base doesn't even KNOW that our alumni giving pales so bad in comparison to other places. They just don't KNOW that the Athletic Department is run off our alumni contributions. Hell, most of them think when they give to the Alumni Association, that money goes to the Athletic Department. And this goes back at least 5 years to when I was working the phones for the VTAA. The Hokie Club has absolutely failed at cultivating a knowledgeable alumni base when it comes to Athletic funding. That organization is in desperate need of a revamp.
    25% from contributions

and I agree that they could do better with some awareness and with getting young alumni used to donating, even if it's only in small doses...and I know there are other areas they don't shine in--I've experienced that...I'm not sure a re-vamp would ultimately change donation levels that much, but it couldn't hurt

you have any data on our donation levels relative to peer schools?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    How many recruits could we lose?
    depends on how quickly the replacement is found and who the replacement is. we're already likely to lose one of them to OSU (because OSU offered late in the game). not sure if there where other significant suitors or teams that hadn't offered yet that would make a difference for the other recruits.

all the more reason for VT to wrap up this AD hire asap. beamer needs to a solid and quick hire if grimes does leave. none of this 1 to 2 month crap. before signing day in early february is almost a must.

let's see how the next day or two shakes out. hopefully he'll give VT a chance to work out some details for a counter.
    Last edited by vthokiedsp; Wed Jan 15 2014 at 10:44 AM.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    depends on how quickly the replacement is found and who the replacement is. we're already likely to lose one of them to OSU (because OSU offered late in the game). not sure if there where other significant suitors or teams that hadn't offered yet that would make a difference for the other recruits.

all the more reason for VT to wrap up this AD hire asap. beamer needs to a solid and quick hire if grimes does leave. none of this 1 to 2 month crap. before signing day in early february is almost a must.

let's see how the next day or two shakes out. hopefully he'll give VT a chance to work out some details for a counter.
    2 things.

1 - Les Miles already went on record to say they aren't hiring anyone for the next 7-10 days. If Grimes really was offered, he has either already declined or is giving VT all the time in the world to counter.

2 - It was already reported yesterday that VT currently has a contingency plan in place should Grimes go to LSU
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

2 things.

1 - Les Miles already went on record to say they aren't hiring anyone for the next 7-10 days. If Grimes really was offered, he has either already declined or is giving VT all the time in the world to counter.

2 - It was already reported yesterday that VT currently has a contingency plan in place should Grimes go to LSU
    Hopefully that contingency plan does not involve hiring a certain coach from Emory & Henry.

Grimes brought a GA with him (forget his name). Could they offer him the job or is it too early for him to be a coach?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    Grimes brought a GA with him (forget his name). Could they offer him the job or is it too early for him to be a coach?
    ryan pugh. too early. he was a player on their team that won the championship in 2011 so he's probably 25 or 26. that would be a pretty big risk.

2 things.

yea, saw that in a separate article somewhere right after i responded. wonder if the 7-10 days was a request from grimes. kind of a "can you give me a week to talk it over with the wife and family" type of thing.

curt newsome part deux?

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Hopefully that contingency plan does not involve hiring a certain coach from Emory & Henry.
    bwahaha great minds...