Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    and we were teasing. that bridge was burned on his way out of town. thankfully.
    I was teasing, too. I hope that bridge is still burning, may it never go out.

I would only accept moving Stiney to OL coach if it coincided with demoting Loeffler to QB coach and bringing in a new OC who runs a modern spread offense. Obviously that's not happening under Beamer.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    First of all, the Hokie Club is a joke of a fundraising organization. The single most passive fundraising body I've ever encountered in my life. The problem right now is that a vast majority of the alumni base doesn't even KNOW that our alumni giving pales so bad in comparison to other places. They just don't KNOW that the Athletic Department is run off our alumni contributions. Hell, most of them think when they give to the Alumni Association, that money goes to the Athletic Department. And this goes back at least 5 years to when I was working the phones for the VTAA. The Hokie Club has absolutely failed at cultivating a knowledgeable alumni base when it comes to Athletic funding. That organization is in desperate need of a revamp.
    I would agree. There doesn't seem to be a master plan. And sadly, I have found the local events are generally nothing more than a get together of the good ole' boys club.

The Key Play on Twitter:

"Never a good sign when your OL coach is rumored to take another job and 2 commits tweet a variation of 'this sucks' within minutes of each other."

(3 commits now)

'07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    confirmed by billy ray mitchells high school coach. so long coach grimes.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by typed by ben View Post
    confirmed by billy ray mitchells high school coach. so long coach grimes.
    Very disappointing. Beamer needs to get a replacement quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    The Key Play on Twitter:

"Never a good sign when your OL coach is rumored to take another job and 2 commits tweet a variation of 'this sucks' within minutes of each other."

(3 commits now)
    that aint good. stinespring it is...
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by Compeau View Post
    I would only accept moving Stiney to OL coach if it coincided with demoting Loeffler to QB coach and bringing in a new OC who runs a modern spread offense. Obviously that's not happening under Beamer.
    The OC should be the QB coach. Too much synergy there involved with the QB being the OC on the field.

The Key Play on Twitter:

(3 commits now)
    Were any disappointed when Newsome was fired? I'm asking seriously I don't remember.

Very disappointing. Beamer needs to get a replacement quickly.
    agree. i wonder how all this went down...does Beamer feel burned? was the offer too good so Beamer understands and there are no hard feelings?

#HireToddWashington
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC