He's a hoops Mike London, isn't he?

This is discouraging...

Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    This is discouraging...
    Mike London's probably a better recruiter.

No. Mike London gets paid a heck of a lot more. JJ was our only option at the time and considering how bare the roster is/has been, the results are predictable for this year. Last year was not great with the nation's leading scorer. No Erick Green this year.
    For me, next year will be time enough to find fault with JJ. I can't see that it's his fault when the shots don't drop and even layups are missed.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    No. Mike London gets paid a heck of a lot more. JJ was our only option at the time and considering how bare the roster is/has been, the results are predictable for this year. Last year was not great with the nation's leading scorer. No Erick Green this year.
    For me, next year will be time enough to find fault with JJ. I can't see that it's his fault when the shots don't drop and even layups are missed.
    Easy, recruit players who can shoot. Hope the new AD will make basketball his number one priority. I've been following VT basketball since the 70's. I can't think of of a worst team. We'll be lucky to win another game in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer74 View Post
    Easy, recruit players who can shoot. Hope the new AD will make basketball his number one priority. I've been following VT basketball since the 70's. I can't think of of a worst team. We'll be lucky to win another game in the ACC.
    The Ricky Stokes' teams weren't so hot, either. Neither were the teams of Bobby Hussey and Frankie Allen.
    I'm afraid we're seeing a pattern here when the greatest team of all time (in my opinion and based on results) was the 1968 Elite Eight team when I was a student. Would be nice if the new AD made BB a priority.