Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Logic would suggest you are right, but with a new AD, anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by HOaKIE View Post
    Soon? Like you think he would be fired after this season? Not going to happen.
    A basketball program can be turned around more quickly than any other sport. Ours is the equivalent of UVA in football. And, there's really no promise on the horizon. I think we are worse now than when JJ took over, and see no cause for optimism.

All it takes is one good recruiting class, or one diamond in the rough - IF the coach has a plan...

It's hard for me to imagine JJ getting fired at the end of this season, but games like this make it hard for me to imagine him not getting fired after next season. That end of game crap was worse than SG, who never seemed to have a strategy except give it to the best shooter and see what happens. We had over 20 seconds and we just dribbled around and did nothing, running out the clock until we threw up a contested off-balance shot leaving only 1 second left. We should have had a designed play to get a shot off, then prepared for defense or prepared to foul. We had enough time that if the play didn't work, but we still had the ball, JJ had another timeout. Instead he just stood there with that timeout watching the guys run around with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Hokie View Post
    A basketball program can be turned around more quickly than any other sport. Ours is the equivalent of UVA in football. And, there's really no promise on the horizon. I think we are worse now than when JJ took over, and see no cause for optimism.

All it takes is one good recruiting class, or one diamond in the rough - IF the coach has a plan...
    If JJ went away this season we might lose a 2 and 3 star prospect.....I will take my chances....as long as there is a plan in place to grab a decent coach....unlike last time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    If JJ went away this season we might lose a 2 and 3 star prospect.....I will take my chances....as long as there is a plan in place to grab a decent coach....unlike last time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HOaKIE View Post
    Soon? Like you think he would be fired after this season? Not going to happen.
    Uh we're getting a new AD...so it could very well happen

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Hokie 95 View Post
    That last minute was Jarrell Eddie in a nutshell. Misses a three with ten seconds left on the shot clock when he's having a horrendous day shooting. Plays lazy arse defense to allow the go-ahead three on the other end. Then curses because Adam Smith didn't pass back to him at the end.
    Yea, I guess he wanted a chance to go 3 for 15

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    He's gone from the doghouse to the outhouse.
    When you have an embarrassment of riches on your roster....j/k

At the very least, I'd sub CR in for offense, JVZ for defense at end of halves, maybe before media timeouts and end of game situations. At least CR finishes non dunks around the basket better