Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post

You're right, it was a clean hit. See how he wraps his arms around LT before delivering the blow to LT's body? Oh snap, he didn't attempt to deliver a "clean blow." He tucks his arms around himself as he delivers the crown of his helmet under LT's jaw. Looking at his feat, you can see him launch himself upward to deliver the blow.

My goodness, how soon we forget...
    Game, set, match.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofcassell View Post
    But we would love him if he was on our team.
    Not me!
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

If the hit was 2" lower it would have been a clean shot.

Instead of hitting him in the chin he could have went for his knees? But then you woulda called that dirty
    Yes, yes, I would. A clean hit in that situation would be probably the waist to his chest. Your targets are just that, targeting.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post

You're right, it was a clean hit. See how he wraps his arms around LT before delivering the blow to LT's body? Oh snap, he didn't attempt to deliver a "clean blow." He tucks his arms around himself as he delivers the crown of his helmet under LT's jaw. Looking at his feat, you can see him launch himself upward to deliver the blow.

My goodness, how soon we forget...

just my opinion but i dont see much difference between these two hits, except that we celebrate jarretts hit and call zumwalts dirty...

just my opinion but i dont see much difference between these two hits, except that we celebrate jarretts hit and call zumwalts dirty...
    Well said. In both cases the defensive player is clearly trying to "hurt" the other player. Maybe not end their season or career, but definitely to inflict pain and challenge their ability to keep playing. That's football.

Both are also fantastic players who I'd love to have on my team.

Logan would kick Zumwalt's arss in a fair contest.

I wouldn't necessarily celebrate Jarrett's hit...I mean, I probably would for an instant and then immediately cringe with a "he shouldn't have done that" feeling.

A key difference between the 2 is certainly the location of the ball though.

And the available space to hit.

But certainly Jarrett was trying to inflict pain...and questionably so...I'm not sure that hit was "absolutely clean" either

I disagree... Jarrett lowers his shoulder and it is, mostly, a shoulder to shoulder hit.
    SteveA

::shaking head in amazement::

I can NOT believe the number of posters on the boards who continue to defend that chin shot on Logan by Zumwalt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post
    I can NOT believe the number of posters on the boards who continue to defend that chin shot on Logan by Zumwalt.
    You are not alone. That's why that picture needs to be posted everytime one of these fine posters tells us how great/clean/fantastic that hit was...
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne