Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofcassell View Post
    I don't think anyone on here hates Logan besides maybe the uva fans reading.
    Not even the "Hokie" that said LT "got what he deserved" with the Zumwalt cheap shot?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by kingofcassell View Post
    just my opinion but i dont see much difference between these two hits, except that we celebrate jarretts hit and call zumwalts dirty...

One was shoulder to shoulder, the other was head to head. What am I missing?

The hit on Thomas was clearly targeting by the rulebook. Call it, or get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reston Hokie View Post
    One was shoulder to shoulder, the other was head to head. What am I missing?

The hit on Thomas was clearly targeting by the rulebook. Call it, or get rid of it.
    correct but some people are having trouble separating one hard hit from another. Not every hard hit is targeting. And the rule is about targeting the HEAD, targeting the rest of the player, especially the player WITH the ball, is still football.

Yeah, Jarrett had a receiver running at him WITH THE BALL. Jarrett was trying to deliver a blow and separate the receiver from the ball. LT had already released the ball and was in a completely defenseless position. Zummult launched himself upwards at LT's chin. It is the definition of targeting.

If that dude keeps tackling that way in the NFL, he'll probably end up paralyzed or retiring early with a neck injury. I don't wish that on anyone, so I hope an NFL coach teaches him the right way to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    correct but some people are having trouble separating one hard hit from another. Not every hard hit is targeting. And the rule is about targeting the HEAD, targeting the rest of the player, especially the player WITH the ball, is still football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride_and_Joy View Post
    Yeah, Jarrett had a receiver running at him WITH THE BALL. Jarrett was trying to deliver a blow and separate the receiver from the ball. LT had already released the ball and was in a completely defenseless position. Zummult launched himself upwards at LT's chin. It is the definition of targeting.

If that dude keeps tackling that way in the NFL, he'll probably end up paralyzed or retiring early with a neck injury. I don't wish that on anyone, so I hope an NFL coach teaches him the right way to tackle.
    They say you can't teach size or speed. Should sportsmanship be included in the things you can't teach?