Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ken Anderson new AD at Arizona State...

Interesting hire looking out of the box at an NFL guy. They mentioned how the school was in a bind with Patterson leaving after 18 mos for Texas and had to fill it. Left me wondering what in the world is taking so long with our AD search...are we waiting on the new Pres to lead it?

Stegar cited that the search committee is expected to complete their job on feb.. It is a confidential process and sensitive ..however their are some rumors process is moving much faster and someone will be annouced in January - remember this a national search -- benchmark a candidate experienced in fund raising , running a 100 million program, detailed experience in sports tv rights negotiations and NCAA compliance ..
    In regards to Arizona state they traditionally hire frm the NFL . They realize college atheletics is a business

Quote Originally Posted by 5000 Miles to Blacksburg View Post
    Interesting hire looking out of the box at an NFL guy. They mentioned how the school was in a bind with Patterson leaving after 18 mos for Texas and had to fill it. Left me wondering what in the world is taking so long with our AD search...are we waiting on the new Pres to lead it?
    Ummm. It's Ray. Ken's the old QB.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

it's only been 2 months since Weaver announced his resignation, which happened 11 days ago...what exactly were you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    it's only been 2 months since Weaver announced his resignation, which happened 11 days ago...what exactly were you expecting?

plus, we have an extraordinarily capable interim in place and no major "issues" looming.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    plus, we have an extraordinarily capable interim in place and no major "issues" looming.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    Yep, been status quo for about 2 years. What's the rush?

The ground rules have to be laid down and agreed to. Beamer & Johnson control the two money sports. Tech's new AD will only control sports like softball, volleyball and soccer. There just isn't much incentive...

Quote Originally Posted by free hokie View Post
    The ground rules have to be laid down and agreed to. Beamer & Johnson control the two money sports. Tech's new AD will only control sports like softball, volleyball and soccer. There just isn't much incentive...
    not much incentive for anyone to become VT's AD?

that's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Hokies View Post
    Yep, been status quo for about 2 years. What's the rush?
    are you kidding? the rush is to fire our mens and womens bball coaches!

at least according to some posters I have read... and to fire both Beamers.

TIC...
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!