Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ncaa 14 vt playbook question

I love playing as VT but, I don't their playbooks matches what we run. What is the closest playbook on the game that is what we run in real life? GO HOKIES!

Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    I love playing as VT but, I don't their playbooks matches what we run. What is the closest playbook on the game that is what we run in real life? GO HOKIES!
    Not sure what you mean. We used to run a little of everything. No telling what we will be running soon.

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Hokie12 View Post
    Not sure what you mean. We used to run a little of everything. No telling what we will be running soon.
    What I mean is what is the closest playbook that matches up what we run? I been using the multiple playbook that has a little of everything. Ya your right, next season just be a roller coaster.

Santa brought NCAA 14 to my kids for Christmas . . .

What I mean is what is the closest playbook that matches up what we run? I been using the multiple playbook that has a little of everything. Ya your right, next season just be a roller coaster.

and I've enjoyed helping them play the game. ;-) I think if you use "Ask Coach" it gives a play selection that matches what Tech would run.

In general, Tech runs a pro-style with pistol and the read option.

The game is really well done, IMO. But you have to remember that the "team" is a reflection of Tech's players before the '13 season. As such, "#4" is bad running the ball. If you run the option, generally you'll find its best to just let "#3" call his own number. In the game, Tech's receivers are better than they were at the start of the season. The top receiver though is "#88". It makes you wonder how Tech would have been had Malleck not been hurt.

What I mean is what is the closest playbook that matches up what we run?
    If you run the ball and end up 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, then you're pretty close.

is there one with crayons for the diagrams? oh wait...that was the previous years.

take the one that will run a deep handoff on a 3rd and 1 instead of a qb dive. conversely use the one that will run a qb dive on 4th and 5.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

The whole fun of that game is pick what scheme you want to run and then go recruit.

I never bothered to get too much into the playbooks... as long as I can line up in the I formation and the shotgun spread, I'm good. Those are really the only formations I ever use. I prefer to line up in the I and pound the rock, going to the play action and eating up the clock.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie1992 View Post
    and I've enjoyed helping them play the game. ;-) I think if you use "Ask Coach" it gives a play selection that matches what Tech would run.

In general, Tech runs a pro-style with pistol and the read option.

The game is really well done, IMO. But you have to remember that the "team" is a reflection of Tech's players before the '13 season. As such, "#4" is bad running the ball. If you run the option, generally you'll find its best to just let "#3" call his own number. In the game, Tech's receivers are better than they were at the start of the season. The top receiver though is "#88". It makes you wonder how Tech would have been had Malleck not been hurt.
    Ya, that what I have noticed watching games. I may have to make a custom playbook like that. I have ran into a wall finding a playbook since I became the HC after 9 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieD_1994 View Post
    If you run the ball and end up 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, then you're pretty close.
    LOL yep!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJamie View Post
    The whole fun of that game is pick what scheme you want to run and then go recruit.
    The works sometimes LOL

Is that you Frank?
    Born and bred a Hokie