Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Man, it seems like VT RBs are cursed once they go to the NFL. Can't think of a Hokie RB that had a long career in the NFL.
    Tony Paige maybe. Kevin Jones had one 1,000 yd season but not much after that.
    A long career at RB in the NFL doesn't happen often in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Man, it seems like VT RBs are cursed once they go to the NFL. Can't think of a Hokie RB that had a long career in the NFL.
    Tony Paige maybe. Kevin Jones had one 1,000 yd season but not much after that.
    I read somewhere that any RB can expect his pro career to only last 3.5 years (assuming he is not exclusively used on special teams). In order to qualify for a NFL pension, a player must be in the league for 5 years. Since it is difficult to extend a career 1.5 years (unless they are willing to be used exclusively on special teams the first 2 years), that is why you see a lot of RBs leave school early instead of stay all 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    10-4. Is that what ended Lee's career?
    He had a couple of injury issues during his time in the league. I was told his neck was why he couldn't pass team's physicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
    He had a couple of injury issues during his time in the league. I was told his neck was why he couldn't pass team's physicals.
    Then his neck was a deal breaker. Prayers for DW for a healthy life now and after football.