Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lane Kiffin to Bama as OC?

What in the heck is he even getting an interview for?

He's supposedly an offensive baby-Genius...

Just like Josh McDaniels on the NFL side. A lot of similarities and maybe a similarly strong control freak coach (Saban) can keep him in line and just let him coach. Seems to be the other stuff such as speaking with media and anyone outside of a film room that got him in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MEHOKIE View Post
    What in the heck is he even getting an interview for?

Obviously they want him to be their next HCIW.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

D'uh it's not Lane Kiffin the Tide want...it's his wife.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Well I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

The guy is a helluva recruiter, that's my guess as to why they would want him on staff. And right or wrong, with maybe some more seasoning, could actually be that head coach that schools have expected him to be as opposed to what unraveled on each stop.
    "Just once before I die, a National Championship in something."

Quote Originally Posted by BayHokie View Post
    The guy is a helluva recruiter, that's my guess as to why they would want him on staff. And right or wrong, with maybe some more seasoning, could actually be that head coach that schools have expected him to be as opposed to what unraveled on each stop.
    ability as a coordinator and ability as a head coach are not necessarily tied to one another. While most head coaches have proven themselves as coordinators, not all good/great coordinators have gone on to make good/great head coaches. Kiffin may be a clown, but coordinator may just be his sweet spot.

people on this board have had arguments over the years on the subject, but the same may be the case with Bud Foster.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Would be an interesting hire, to say the least.

I agree with Foster analogy...I always have seen Bud as the great Staff Seargent...gets down and dirty with the troops and can rally them time and time again. I don't necessarily see him as the Field General sitting on the back lines...still Love the guy (maybe more because of it) but just think DC is his Sweet Spot

It's official. New OC and QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
    It's official. New OC and QB coach.
    Lets just say not every Bama fan is thrilled...probably far less than 50% (This coming from my Bama peeps.)
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne