Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    i love living in florida but your post is why so many people call it "floriduh". ugh.

anyone else find it humorous that the word grammar was misspelled in a post about meeting reading/writing requirements?
    I find it more interesting that a major news outlet - and I forget which one - had a grammatical error on a very short, large graphic showing how low the US has come as a nation when compared internationally.

As far as Florida, I won't disagree, however I think the issue is a lot more widespread than just this state. I have a lot of friends who are teachers from California to New Mexico to Virginia. FWIW, a friend at my school moved to VA during the summer and misses it down here in Central FL; she says that the students are a lot less motivated with worse overall behavior at the new school. Which I don't think indicates anything at all other than that there are some serious issues within the educational system in many states across the nation.

In short, I agree with the person who stated that creating fictional classes crosses a line that having tutors do the work of student athletes does not. That happens with non-athletes too...it happens to many who have ANY kind of label. We simply do not currently live in a country in which there is a strong sense of actual accountability, and I don't care what political direction you lean or socioeconomic strata you find yourself in. If you don't believe me, that is your prerogative, but a stint working in any public service office would probably change your mind. Or heck, just watch TV...every single commercial break contains at least one ad for some civil law firm, and I find that sad.

For all the sheep in the " well everyone does it" crowd. Does VT get on OTL for cheating?
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10293968

Quote Originally Posted by moonda View Post
    For all the sheep in the " well everyone does it" crowd. Does VT get on OTL for cheating?
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10293968
    UNC got caught doing it, and they're a top public institution in the country. Hammering them makes for intriguing news because of who they are.

Just be thankful the magnifying lens isn't hovering over Blacksburg right now. From my experience the only way we are any different from what they were caught doing is that we don't give out freebie grades in fake classes to keep athletes eligible. Everything else, we're guilty as sin.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

UNChokies83. I called you a sheep. Maybe With the way you have your head burried, I should've called you an ostrich. You are embarrassing yourself with your comments because it is evident you have not read any of the links I have posted in this thread. On top of this cheating scandal that is making national news, let me remind you of some of the things that have been going on at smUNC during the last several years. Their football coach hired a tutor to write papers for the football team, their associate head coach was a registered agent, records show their boosters have payed their players tens of thousands of dollars, their school admin has been caught covering up or "white washing" the severity of the cheating etc...etc...etc.
    Now ostrich, I know VT may go 65 in a 55 but UNCheat is going 110 in a school zone while flipping off the resource officer as they go by honking their horn

So let me get this straight... You come on, trying to troll with a "oh my gosh, look at what UNC is doing, hahaha look at them they're so evil" and when numerous people basically confirm that what they're doing happens at VT, just to a lesser extent, you lash out with the personal insults and accuse others of burying their heads in the sand?

Excuse me if I find that hilarious
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    So let me get this straight... You come on, trying to troll with a "oh my gosh, look at what UNC is doing, hahaha look at them they're so evil" and when numerous people basically confirm that what they're doing happens at VT, just to a lesser extent, you lash out with the personal insults and accuse others of burying their heads in the sand?

Excuse me if I find that hilarious
    Excuse me if I find you trying to lump VT in with smUNC hilarious.

Moonda: "smUNC committed murder. VT was jaywalking."

UNCHokie83: "VT is committing a crime too, just to a lesser extent"

Quote Originally Posted by moonda View Post
    Excuse me if I find you trying to lump VT in with smUNC hilarious.

Moonda: "smUNC committed murder. VT was jaywalking."

UNCHokie83: "VT is committing a crime too, just to a lesser extent"
    Again with the personal attacks. Are you interested in having a convo or just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Again with the personal attacks. Are you interested in having a convo or just trolling?
    Calling "UNCHokie83" a personal attack? Being you are so fast to defend the cheaters over in crapple hole, I found it to be an appropriate dig at your name. I tell you what you need to do. Go cry on one of the many disillusioned over at IC. They will welcome you with open arms.

Thread is closed.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.