Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    GusDaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Once again... just because Leal was bad doesn't mean Logan was good.
    But it DOES show that LT was our best chance to win games, does it not?

  2. #12

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Once again... just because Leal was bad doesn't mean Logan was good.
    LT was the best we had at the time. That's a relative thing.

    But there's nothing relative to the following.
    He was asked to do it all.
    He was expected to do it all.
    The O needed him to do it all.
    And he never flinched and he never backed down.

    I want that kind of guy on my team any time, every time, all the time.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    1,652

    +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    LT was the best we had at the time. That's a relative thing.

    But there's nothing relative to the following.
    He was asked to do it all.
    He was expected to do it all.
    The O needed him to do it all.
    And he never flinched and he never backed down.

    I want that kind of guy on my team any time, every time, all the time.
    Agree & thnx for posting this.
    That 83hokie dude is whacked.
    Last edited by HOKIEGOBBLE; Fri Jan 10 2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Made misaken

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    LT was the best we had at the time. That's a relative thing.

    But there's nothing relative to the following.
    He was asked to do it all.
    He was expected to do it all.
    The O needed him to do it all.
    And he never flinched and he never backed down.

    I want that kind of guy on my team any time, every time, all the time.
    They ran the ball with Thomas so often because they thought him passing was risky. That's easy to figure out. So he wasn't asked or expected to do it all. Granted, the O needed him more this year than in previous years and he tried his best, which is honorable, but he still flinched regularly when he saw open receivers and threw many interceptions. His arm is his worst asset, unfortunately. But I bet he'd start again with another year of eligibility. Beamer is all about the running game. He's got to help Bud keep that scoring defense stat down....... Tech's #1 goal in football is to have a good scoring defense.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    December 28, 1999
    Posts
    498
    He was best option. Not reasonable to have qb do that much hard running and to be flawless in pass game.

    Again, he shouldered too much of the load.....and he thought he was coming to school to be a TE.....pretty selfless.

    He has all the tools and will probably develop into a decent nfl qb with right coaching up.

    We were a definite losing team this year without LT.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Culpeper Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Glen Allen, VA (far western Henrico County)
    Posts
    19,720
    Quote Originally Posted by free hokie View Post
    So he wasn't asked or expected to do it all. Granted, the O needed him more this year than in previous years and he tried his best, which is honorable, but he still flinched regularly when he saw open receivers and threw many interceptions. His arm is his worst asset, unfortunately.
    I guess you forgot to read this part....

    "It’s tough to run 25 power rushes right up the gut and run over some linebackers and then have to get in the huddle and hear Loeffler’s pretty complex offense and go through reads, and all of a sudden be a finesse touch passer and everything." - Willie Byrne

    If you have to be the team's best running back, how can you go through all of that punishment and still be expected to be surgical with your throws?
    “Compassion is not weakness, and concern for the unfortunate is not socialism.” ― Hubert H. Humphrey

  7. #17
    I think the coaches could've found a high school QB in 2012 who would've given the team a better chance to win in 2013 than it had, so I don't believe he was the best option before the last signing period ended. LT has always sounded confident during interviews but his performance never really matched up. He seems humble but you'd have to be very stupid to go on TV and not want to give your absolute best speech. He was willing to let his own play determine games for VT even though he never played the position in the past... We saw his absolute best this season and it wasn't that good, so he never really cared too much about the fans... I think he is too brash and a longshot at best to make an NFL roster...

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper Hokie View Post
    I guess you forgot to read this part....

    "It’s tough to run 25 power rushes right up the gut and run over some linebackers and then have to get in the huddle and hear Loeffler’s pretty complex offense and go through reads, and all of a sudden be a finesse touch passer and everything." - Willie Byrne

    If you have to be the team's best running back, how can you go through all of that punishment and still be expected to be surgical with your throws?
    Beamer is the one pulling strings, not me. Maybe he should've switched to RB this season.

  9. #19
    Hubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 01, 2003
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA (757!!)
    Posts
    8,990
    Quote Originally Posted by free hokie View Post
    I think the coaches could've found a high school QB in 2012 who would've given the team a better chance to win in 2013 than it had
    Well, they didn't. They didn't in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. So, sorry about it, but we got Logan Thomas as our QB the last three years. We got him because our coaches failed at recruiting, a significant part of college football. But make no mistake about it, Logan Thomas was and still is the best quarterback option on this roster. Period. End of story. Without him busting his ass for us the last three years, we would all be BEGGING for Beamer to retire. We would be begging because we would have won 8 games TOTAL over the last two seasons........
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

  10. #20

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by free hokie View Post
    They ran the ball with Thomas so often because they thought him passing was risky. That's easy to figure out. So he wasn't asked or expected to do it all. Granted, the O needed him more this year than in previous years and he tried his best, which is honorable, but he still flinched regularly when he saw open receivers and threw many interceptions. His arm is his worst asset, unfortunately. But I bet he'd start again with another year of eligibility. Beamer is all about the running game. He's got to help Bud keep that scoring defense stat down....... Tech's #1 goal in football is to have a good scoring defense.
    The only thing "easy to figure out" is some of what you say is wrong. Not even sure you know the definition of the word "flinch".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •