Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    The last 2 seasons, you could buy football season tix without a donation, so that's not going to work....
    The point is make donations more about Hokie pride and school spirit and being part of a community and getting special perks and inside access. If it's only about getting tickets then that a lot of missed opportunity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by That O and M View Post
    Northwestern has started an interesting method of ticket pricing that ensures the athletic dept is maximizing revenue through auction. They call it Purple Pricing:

http://www.nupurplepricing.com/

Some good articles here:

http://www.nupurplepricing.com/press

I hope we can bring in an AD that is savvy and understands the best way to keep the cash coming in. They have a tough task: shopping for a HC after Beamer retires, lull in football and frustrated fan base, poor basketball performance, etc.
    This would probably work best for programs that don't typically sell out. Programs like Michigan, Texas, Alabama, etc. that typically sell out would probably maximize their revenues through straight auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phew View Post
    It's not just aggressive recruiting that the Hokie Club needs; it needs an incentive for people to give below the multi-thousands of dollars per year level. People donate $1k+ per year for the "privilege" of getting to pay $50+ per ticket for matchups against Furman etc. and a parking pass. What about a model where people donating at the <$1k level accrue "points" that can be redeemed for a couple game tickets and/or parking pass occasionally?

People that don't currently donate might be inclined if they could give ~$100/yr and be rewarded with a couple tickets to a good game every few years, in good seats. Give people a "taste" of the high life, and they will be more inclined to donate more money. Right now the choice is too Boolean; spend thousands on donations+tickets and go to every game+tailgate, or spend hundreds and get nothing. There should be an option of "Donate hundreds, and still get to go to some decent games".
    You could combine the two and create a system where you get "points" for donating at a lower level then auction off tickets to games where people could spend their "points" in said auctions.
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    You could combine the two and create a system where you get "points" for donating at a lower level then auction off tickets to games where people could spend their "points" in said auctions.
    Sounds feasible. I currently give the minimum to be a Hokie Club Member every year ($100) and no longer buy season tickets, but in the past I have donated $1k+ and bought season tickets+parking pass. For $100/yr I get a magazine and a warm fuzzy feeling. For $3k+ a year, I get a magazine, 28 football tickets in decent seats, a parking pass, and a warm fuzzy feeling.

You actually get appreciably more value per dollar at that $3k level than the $100 level. So it's a progressive benefit system (the more you give, the more value you get, up to a point). This is good for extracting lots of money from a relatively small number of people. If you want to increase membership, it needs to be a regressive benefit system (where you get more "bang for your buck" at lower donation levels). I would argue that a regressive system wouldn't cause the big donors to lower their giving, since they will still want (and get) a parking pass and tickets to every game. But a free pair of tickets for a decent game and a parking pass every ~4 yrs for someone that donates $100/yr would encourage thousands of people to join the Hokie club at the lower giving levels, and still keep them engaged with the program. Right now, they see that you basically need to spend $2k+ per year to get any decent benefits, so they don't join the Hokie Club and either buy select tickets on the secondary market or just watch on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by That O and M View Post
    Northwestern has started an interesting method of ticket pricing that ensures the athletic dept is maximizing revenue through auction. They call it Purple Pricing:

http://www.nupurplepricing.com/

Some good articles here:

http://www.nupurplepricing.com/press

I hope we can bring in an AD that is savvy and understands the best way to keep the cash coming in. They have a tough task: shopping for a HC after Beamer retires, lull in football and frustrated fan base, poor basketball performance, etc.
    i read that has nurple and purple and my brain wants to make it a purple nurple...at least with our name and colors we couldn't make that mistake.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!