Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Would hurt recruiting, JJ won't attract the guys he needs to run his offense by playing the 4 corners.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Given that VT does not have the bench to play JJ's style of offense, would it be a wise move for VT to switch to a four corners offense? It may be a boring offense, but it would at least reduce the amount of touches the opponent would get during the game.

and ...so much for the moral victory

Quote Originally Posted by soflahokie View Post
    Would hurt recruiting, JJ won't attract the guys he needs to run his offense by playing the 4 corners.
    How is that any different than the current offense VT is running which is not his style of offense? It isn't like JJ can show a potential recruit game film that will convince the recruit he is "close" to having all the necessary pieces. The more games he loses, then the tougher it will be to get more talented players that would fit his system. At least by playing 4 corners, then it may help to offset the talent gap (which most nights will favor the opposing team) and possibly steal a few more victories.

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    and ...so much for the moral victory
    Look on the bright side, at least the bball team won't wear all orange for a home game .

Quote Originally Posted by soflahokie View Post
    When is the target year for being able to run J.J.'s system? I realize that he wants to run a different system than the returning personnel were running. However, I would rather see us either 1) try to play to the strengths of our current personnel now or 2) really commit to the younger players in the program and try to start doing what you want to eventually get to, even if the depth and personnel aren't there yet to produce the results that are eventually desired.

Obviously, in the end, we got beat by 20, but I actually thought there were some promising things in this game.

I thought it was clear that JJ had given the guys a good plan to beat the 'cuse zone, but we just didn't have offensively talented enough big men to do it. If we could roll all of the one-dimensionality of our big guys into one package, we'd have a really effective post player, but they're all pretty one-dimensional and I think the 'cuse players knew it. Sort of the same issue with PG...they clearly knew Wilson was no threat to shoot from the perimeter and that Smith was...if we could meld those 2 guys together, we'd have a heck of a PG.

Only 8 TO's was a huge positive too...I have to believe that was a low for the season if not a low for JJ's tenure.

That was a *really* talented and big team...they're going to beat a lot of ACC teams by double digits.