Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Texas Booster: Strong is a good position coach or coordinator...

Summary:

Booster that has given $100 million, has the UT Business school named after him, and a statue at the stadium, doesn't feel like Strong belongs at UT. Not good enough. Calls it a kick to the face. Thinks Texas shoudl be able to pick whoever it wants- can "eenie meenie minie moe- you're the next coach".

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ie-strong-hire

Tough lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by PUAhokie View Post
    Summary:

Booster that has given $100 million, has the UT Business school named after him, and a statue at the stadium, doesn't feel like Strong belongs at UT. Not good enough. Calls it a kick to the face. Thinks Texas shoudl be able to pick whoever it wants- can "eenie meenie minie moe- you're the next coach".

Tough lesson...
    I really don't wanna say what I think this is about. I would hope people are above that sort of thing by now. I think Charlie Strong has shown himself to be one helluva capable coach and given the success he's had at Loserville, I can only imagine what he should be able to do with Texas' resources available to him. I think they got themselves a good one. He should start winning Big XII Championships in fairly short order and he'll get that team in the playoffs before you know it.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Summary:

Tough lesson...
    I have a UT fan here at work and he is upset too. Says that they need to be 'better' than A&M and not hire a coach 'like' A&M. My question was...you mean you don't want a good coach like A&M has? He just stared at me and hasn't wanted to talk football anymore.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

Quote Originally Posted by Go VT View Post
    I have a UT fan here at work and he is upset too. Says that they need to be 'better' than A&M and not hire a coach 'like' A&M. My question was...you mean you don't want a good coach like A&M has? He just stared at me and hasn't wanted to talk football anymore.
    I wonder who they think they were getting? Strong looks to be an outstanding hire to me.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Booster that has given $100 million, has the UT Business school named after him, and a statue at the stadium, doesn't feel like Strong belongs at UT....
    I know there has been some angst about a current coach (Saban) having his statue at the stadium, but a flipping booster? Really, Texas?

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    I really don't wanna say what I think this is about. I would hope people are above that sort of thing by now. I think Charlie Strong has shown himself to be one helluva capable coach and given the success he's had at Loserville, I can only imagine what he should be able to do with Texas' resources available to him. I think they got themselves a good one. He should start winning Big XII Championships in fairly short order and he'll get that team in the playoffs before you know it.
    So wait, you're suggesting an 86 year old white man from Texas might have some deep seated prejudices from a bygone era? Well color me shocked...

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    So wait, you're suggesting an 86 year old white man from Texas might have some deep seated prejudices from a bygone era? Well color me shocked...
    It could be even worse since strong is married to a white woman....

Quote Originally Posted by Go VT View Post
    Were either of these Longhorn boosters wearing pointy white hats at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Oh, boys! Lookie here what I got!

Where the white women at?
    Last edited by Hokie CPA; Tue Jan 07 2014 at 09:43 PM.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and believe race has nothing to do with it.

But to say that Strong would make a good "position or assistant coach," when they guy has already proven to be a successful head coach, I just don't know what is going on.

When Beamer finally decides to go, I would LOVE to get as good a replacement as the Longhorns got with Strong.