Bitter blog - DT Kris Harley granted his release, will transfer

Well, we can't say somebody has to step up because a couple guys already have. That's why this is happening. How differently could the careers of the 2 guys from Warren Central turned out?

I think we'll start seeing a few more of these, with a few more after the spring game as the writing starts to show up on the wall.

I really was hoping Kris would come around and produce to his potential, but after this long, it wasn't likely. It wasn't like more time in the weight room was what was holding him back.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post
    I think we'll start seeing a few more of these, with a few more after the spring game as the writing starts to show up on the wall.

I really was hoping Kris would come around and produce to his potential, but after this long, it wasn't likely. It wasn't like more time in the weight room was what was holding him back.
    Yeah, it's that time of year. Shame he's not going to give it a try in the spring and we just moved two guys from his position to OL. Not making the trip to El Paso says a lot. We were all hoping this guy would produce, hell, we want every recruit to produce. Can you imagine a guy with the attitude, desire, and determination of Darren Evans (also from Warren Central) on the DL?

With Harley transferring, that makes 10 out of the 21 signees gone from the 2011 class. Aromire, Asante, Cole, Farrow, Hall, Harley, Holmes, Lockhart, Reeves, and J. Taylor. Corey Marshall #11? In addition, Wedley Estime changed his name to Dadi Nicolas.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    With Harley transferring, that makes 10 out of the 21 signees gone from the 2011 class. Aromire, Asante, Cole, Farrow, Hall, Harley, Holmes, Lockhart, Reeves, and J. Taylor. Corey Marshall #11? In addition, Wedley Estime changed his name to Dadi Nicolas.
    So much for the 1/3 recruiting theory.

What's the story on Corey Marshall? Someone on other board saying he's been gone for a while? Or are they confused and never realized he came back and is redshirting?

Paging Derrick Nnadi. Mr. Nnadi, please report to Blacksburg, stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Wasn't Goins also in that class?
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    What's the story on Corey Marshall? Someone on other board saying he's been gone for a while? Or are they confused and never realized he came back and is redshirting?
    They probably didn't hear that he decided to come back and ended up redshirting this season. Although it would not shock me if he ends up transferring to another school. At 6'1 257lbs, he seems to be a bit undersized to play DE at the FBS level and from what I remember he was not completely sold on the idea of switching to DT. If he wants to play DE, then there is a good chance he may get buried in the depth chart since there are at least 5 DE scheduled to return next season. If he is willing to play DT and add about 20lbs, then he should be in the mix for the 2-deep rotation. A wild card to keep an eye out for at DT is Wade Hansen (JR transfer from RPI). At 6'6 256lbs, he has the height that pro scouts tend to prefer and he has 2 years of eligibility to add the 30-40lbs.