Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Wow, he's got NBA 3 range. I like his shooting rhythm. He seems to handle the dribble well and moves well without the ball to get free. if I was Coach Johnson, I'd take a chance on this guy.
    that's my point...where we are we SHOULD take a chance to fill out our roster with a local kid who could possibly be the LEADING SCORER In VA HS HISTORY...think about all of the players in VA who've played HS bball, now tell me the leading scorer EVER shouldn't get a shot with a team that's struggling to win 10+ games a year

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer Hokie View Post
    Quick but VERY LOW release point. I think he has trouble getting off his shot at D1 level.
    It's an odd shot. It's like a women's bball coach taught him how to shoot. I guess it helps him keep his elbow straight, but it's definitely different. Not sure he fits in JJ's style that he wants to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    It's an odd shot. It's like a women's bball coach taught him how to shoot. I guess it helps him keep his elbow straight, but it's definitely different. Not sure he fits in JJ's style that he wants to play though.
    On the contrary...Floyd presses the whole game and he gets a lot of steals and deflections

It is an odd shot but I've seen many successful College players shoot like that. If a kid can hit an NBA 3 more than 33% of the time, you set some plays for him. Set some screens to get him open and get him the ball.
    Also, this kid doesn't just shoot well. The other aspects of his game like ball-handling, driving to the basket and finshing and moving without the ball look good as well.
    Last edited by YBYSAIAHokie; Mon Jan 06 2014 at 05:47 PM.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    It is an odd shot but I've seen many successful College players shoot like that. If a kid can hit an NBA 3 more than 33% of the time, you set some plays for him. Set some screens go get him open and get him the ball.
    Also, this kid doesn't just shoot well. The other aspects of his game like ball-handling, driving to the basket and finshing and moving without the ball look good as well.
    Kinda what I thought...he ran more back door cuts for layups on his Jr film than I've seen from VT in years...cumulatively.
    His understanding of the game comes through

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    that's my point...where we are we SHOULD take a chance to fill out our roster with a local kid who could possibly be the LEADING SCORER In VA HS HISTORY...think about all of the players in VA who've played HS bball, now tell me the leading scorer EVER shouldn't get a shot with a team that's struggling to win 10+ games a year
    why would he want to play for us where he knows he will either a-break a foot b- rebreak that foot in a freak accident while walking across the drill field c- have a heart condition d- get buried on the bench by someone who 'wants' it more.

tic...
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

I'm hearing JMU and some Big South/Southern Conf schools are coming thru with offers but he wants to go ACC, if not possibly Prep

I think a player like this would fit JJ's up-tempo system. Imagine a fast break where the ball is brought inside the lane, but released to him in the perimeter for a three or long two.

Minuses: He isn't the D1 athelete that can jump through the roof. Given that and his low release, he may get schooled by dUke or uNC guard. I wonder if he has played and matched up with a D1 type talent?

Pluses: He has outstanding range, which can seriously stress zone defenses (syracUse for example.) He appears to have a good on court presence. He doesn't appear afraid to take it inside.

I'd take him and drop a walk-on to make room.

Drink better than eat.....eat better than no drink.

Quote Originally Posted by CvilleHoops13 on chat board
    As far as Caleb Tanner I think he's a D2/low-major prospect as a specialty shooter. I think his best bet, and what he will do, is to spend a year at Hargrave which should solidify him as a low-major prospect and help get him ready for what he will need to play at that level.
    http://chat.virginiatech.sportswar.c...er/29/4280.php

Quote Originally Posted by s.mill hokie View Post
    We passed on Andrew Rowsey...now he's scoring 16.4 ppg as a freshman at UNC-A. Just dropped 28 vs. Ohio.
    I don't know...I think I'd take that production over Marquis Rankin's production...oh, that's right, he's not playing.