Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Virginia Tech fans gave Curt Newsome 7 years as OL Coach and Bryan Stinespring 11 years as OC.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more "patient" fan base in the entire country.

Not that they really have a say, anyway. As has been pointed out in this thread, no one who matters cares what the fans think (see line 1).
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    Virginia Tech fans gave Curt Newsome 7 years as OL Coach and Bryan Stinespring 11 years as OC.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more "patient" fan base in the entire country.

Not that they really have a say, anyway. As has been pointed out in this thread, no one who matters cares what the fans think (see line 1).
    Yeah, if you were "impatient" you were not a TrueHokie and a bad fan and a VT hater. When you were really just smart and observant.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    Yeah, if you were "impatient" you were not a TrueHokie and a bad fan and a VT hater. When you were really just smart and observant.
    Thanks. Nobody has ever said I was smart and observant before.

You were including me, weren't you? My Self esteem is really low after the last 2 seasons.
    Last edited by laphroaig; Tue Jan 07 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    My elf esteem is really low after the last 2 seasons.
    poor elf.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Thanks. Nobody has ever said I was smart and observant before.

You were including me, weren't you? My elf esteem is really low after the last 2 seasons.
    I was inclduing you!

My elf esteem is really low after the last 2 seasons.
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

To the original point... do we have a choice?

Lets put it this way, it would be VERY difficult for the OL to have been any worse than it was under Newsome, so as long as the unit shows improvement (which shouldn't be hard) why would we get rid of Grimes?
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    To the original point... do we have a choice?

Lets put it this way, it would be VERY difficult for the OL to have been any worse than it was under Newsome, so as long as the unit shows improvement (which shouldn't be hard) why would we get rid of Grimes?
    Agreed. And let's be honest... Even if the OL continues to be an annual embarassment, does Beamer have it in him to go through another round of firings and hirings before he retires?

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    poor elf.
    I don't need your pity. I have my own - it's called "elf pity"

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    I am truly honored, Sir. A picture reply to a post is special. Thank You and ninny muggins back at 'ya.