Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Upside Down" BCS Bowl Season Results

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but if FSU wins the national championship, the conference BCS bowl results will be as follows:

1) ACC 2-0 & National Championship
    2) AAC 1-0
    3) Big 10 1-1
    3) Big 12 1-1
    5) Pac 12 0-1
    6) SEC 0-2

And the ESPN talking heads are crying in their beer!

Total ACC domination!

ACC! ACC! ACC!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Not sure if anyone has noticed, but if FSU wins the national championship, the conference BCS bowl results will be as follows:

2) AAC 1-0
    3) Big 10 1-1
    3) Big 12 1-1
    5) Pac 12 0-1
    6) SEC 0-2

Total ACC domination!

ACC! ACC! ACC!
    The problem with that is the overall record for all teams. Only the B1G has a worse record than the ACC. Now the B1G always performs terribly in bowl games as a whole, so the ACC is not looking very pretty coming out overall.

That said, 2 BCS wins will far outweigh the other results in the media. Go 'Noles!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    The problem with that is the overall record for all teams. Only the B1G has a worse record than the ACC. Now the B1G always performs terribly in bowl games as a whole, so the ACC is not looking very pretty coming out overall.

That said, 2 BCS wins will far outweigh the other results in the media. Go 'Noles!
    Maybe a weighted bowl result would be the best overall measure?
    - David Byrne

Nice find. I hadn't looked at it that way.

2) AAC 1-0
    3) Big 10 1-1
    3) Big 12 1-1
    5) Pac 12 0-1
    6) SEC 0-2

Total ACC domination!

ACC! ACC! ACC!
    Not to be a Debbie downer but if fsu losses, the acc falls to a tie for 2nd which is also a tie for 5th....my point being, wait until Tuesday to declare "domination"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "The Hokies won an outright ACC championship during their first year in the conference. That's a feat Tech's in-state neighbor to the north has never accomplished in 52 seasons. For the record, it took Tech 12 weeks."

I understand that Stanford lost, but top to bottom the PAC-12 is by far the best conference this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ME Hokie 07 View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but if fsu losses, the acc falls to a tie for 2nd which is also a tie for 5th....my point being, wait until Tuesday to declare "domination"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spoken hokie View Post
    I understand that Stanford lost, but top to bottom the PAC-12 is by far the best conference this year.
    Apparently not at the highest level of college football (BCS Bowls)...lol

ACC! ACC! ACC!
    - David Byrne

The ACC is 4-6 currently in all bowls (not just BCS)

2) AAC 1-0
    3) Big 10 1-1
    3) Big 12 1-1
    5) Pac 12 0-1
    6) SEC 0-2

Total ACC domination!

ACC! ACC! ACC!
    Clemson's win is the first "real" BCS win for the conference since 1999. I don't count 2000, 2001 or 2003 as ACC BCS wins since Miami was a Big East school. The only other ACC BCS wins since '99 were over Cincinnati and Northern Illinois. So thanks to Clemson, the ACC has a little respect now. An F$U win will make everyone forget about the other 12 mediocre schools in the conference.

Unfortunately, I feel dirty thumping my chest for the ACC since it really means I'm thumping my chest for Clemson and F$U (both who I dislike). I guess deep down, I'm just jealous that Tech isn't part of this equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitous View Post
    Clemson's win is the first "real" BCS win for the conference since 1999. I don't count 2000, 2001 or 2003 as ACC BCS wins since Miami was a Big East school. The only other ACC BCS wins since '99 were over Cincinnati and Northern Illinois. So thanks to Clemson, the ACC has a little respect now. An F$U win will make everyone forget about the other 12 mediocre schools in the conference.

Unfortunately, I feel dirty thumping my chest for the ACC since it really means I'm thumping my chest for Clemson and F$U (both who I dislike). I guess deep down, I'm just jealous that Tech isn't part of this equation.
    Sorry, but I choose to be in the "what have you done for me today" camp, not "what happened in the past" camp. The ACC's powerhouse teams that are in BCS bowls this year have been down for at least a decade, and it's great seeing them come back to prominence. I, along with most Hokies, would much rather see VT playing for all the marbles, but we aren't there yet. If the conference does better in big games (like we have a chance to do this season), then our conference will be perceived as stronger. If the ACC is stronger, the best of the local/regional HS football players will have a closer choice to play football at the highest levels than just packing their bags and heading to the SEC/Big-10.

You may want to talk about how much the ACC has sucked for the last 10 years, but I choose to look towards a brighter future where the ACC has a chance to turn the tables on the all-powerful SEC! If the ACC goes 2-0 in BCS Bowls while beating the SEC champ and Urban Meyer's OSU boys, while the all-powerful, unbeatable, unconquerable, god-like SEC teams have losses to the ACC & Big-12...unthinkable!

Hopefully VT's future will be brighter because we're playing tougher ACC competition (and Frank finally sees that making decisions as a friend instead of as a head coach isn't going to win a MNC trophy).

The hotter the fire, the stronger the steel!
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitous View Post
    I guess deep down, I'm just jealous that Tech isn't part of this equation.
    We aren't part of the playing equation but we are a part of the bowl payout split. Hurray acc revenue sharing.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.