Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OL Next Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    You got dam right!! When I played tackle, if anyone on the other team looked at my quarterback funny I'd knock him into next week. Cheap shot my running back? I'm doing my best to break you in half. That's just the way it was. The big guys looked out for the little guys and God help the bullies on the defense who thought they could get away with punkin' my teammates.
    You're darn right! Our boys should have ripped off his head, and took a crap down his windpipe. Clean hits are one thing, dirty shots deserve payback! And our O-line didn't do anything to clear the ledger in the Sun Bowl. I look forward to a tougher, meaner O-line that isn't going to take that kind of crap. Hopefully that's what Grimes is building!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    You're darn right! Our boys should have ripped off his head, and took a crap down his windpipe.
    Just one, though, so we only get one Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    You're darn right! Our boys should have ripped off his head, and took a crap down his windpipe. Clean hits are one thing, dirty shots deserve payback! And our O-line didn't do anything to clear the ledger in the Sun Bowl. I look forward to a tougher, meaner O-line that isn't going to take that kind of crap. Hopefully that's what Grimes is building!
    YES, now thats what Iam talking about.

You got dam right!! When I played tackle, if anyone on the other team looked at my quarterback funny I'd knock him into next week. Cheap shot my running back? I'm doing my best to break you in half. That's just the way it was. The big guys looked out for the little guys and God help the bullies on the defense who thought they could get away with punkin' my teammates.
    You got any eligibility left?

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    You got any eligibility left?
    You don't want me out there. I'm almost 42 and I'm out of shape. LOL

And no, I don't have any eligibility left. My clock started in 1991. I redshirted that season and my eligibility would have run out after the 1995 season, even though I quit playing in 1992.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

You don't want me out there. I'm almost 42 and I'm out of shape. LOL

And no, I don't have any eligibility left. My clock started in 1991. I redshirted that season and my eligibility would have run out after the 1995 season, even though I quit playing in 1992.
    Yeah, but do you eat raw meat? We need guys who eat raw meat.

Maybe the best part of all the experience that is coming back is that we will probably be able to RS all 5 guys that Grimes is bringing in and give them a full year of practice and weight room work.