Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OL Next Season?

OL Next Season?

What is everyone expecting out of the OL next season?

Do you think Smith and/or Teller will step up and become contributors?

Farris, Gibson, Benedict, Shuman, and Wang will all be seniors so there will be plenty of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post

Farris, Gibson, Benedict, Shuman, and Wang will all be seniors so there will be plenty of experience.
    Experience is great but how 'bout some mean, some attitude, some muscle, some strength. Biggest problem I saw with the OL is they just got out-muscled. Did something happen to our strength program or are these guys just not naturally strong?

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Experience is great but how 'bout some mean, some attitude, some muscle, some strength. Biggest problem I saw with the OL is they just got out-muscled. Did something happen to our strength program or are these guys just not naturally strong?
    Agreed on the mentality. Benedict is probably the meanest of the bunch. Maybe McLaughlin, Teller, Smith, and our new recruits will bring that attitude back.

Conte might jump into the shuffle as well. He has some nasty from what people have said. Just needed some time in the weight room (I think) and in the system. Might come down to whether or not Grimes sees him as a fit though.
    Last edited by vthokiedsp; Sat Jan 04 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    Conte might jump into the shuffle as well. He has some nasty from what people have said. Just needed some time in the weight room (I think) and in the system. Might come down to whether or not Grimes sees him as a fit though.
    I want some snarling, raw-meat-eating, foaming-at-the-mouth, take-no-prisoners, stomp-on-you-after-I-knock-you-down OLinemen.
    (who go to church on Sunday and say "Hi Mom" when the camera finds them)

Smith is only 6'2, which seems to be a bit undersize (to me) for the guard position. I do think he could push Wang at center. I would prefer to see the guards at 6'4 or 6'5 290-310lbs because if Grimes wants to use zone blocking (similar to what the Denver Broncos use) then they need to have quick feet.

I want some snarling, raw-meat-eating, foaming-at-the-mouth, take-no-prisoners, stomp-on-you-after-I-knock-you-down OLinemen.
    (who go to church on Sunday and say "Hi Mom" when the camera finds them)
    Amen! Preach it brotha!
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

I want an OL that will make a scumbag LB pay for cheap shots on their QB.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hokiehunter07 View Post

That's what I'm talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by hokiehunter07 View Post

That's what I'm talking about!
    You got dam right!! When I played tackle, if anyone on the other team looked at my quarterback funny I'd knock him into next week. Cheap shot my running back? I'm doing my best to break you in half. That's just the way it was. The big guys looked out for the little guys and God help the bullies on the defense who thought they could get away with punkin' my teammates.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!