Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Some "ifs" to consider.
    If London gets fired after one of the next two seasons, it's possible Poindexter's out of a job if the new HC wants a clean break from anything "London". Poindexter leaving now, maybe he's saves his own butt, does well up there and when London is fired, comes back to UVa as the next HC.

Edit. I think the best thing to happen to Dabo was Clemson firing Bowden during the season. It gave him a chance to perform as interim HC because you can't fire the entire staff with the HC during the season and he did well enough to get the gig. When the HC is fired after the season ends usually the entire staff goes out the door with him. Poindexter might be playing his cards with this scenario in mind.

I'll buy that. Poindexter has the same history and ties to UVa that Torian Grey and Cornell Brown do to Tech. It is entirely possible that he will someday be back at UVa. UConn coach Bob Diaco and Poindexter were both at UVa on Al Groh's staff. I only question taking a job in the American Athletic Conference which will lose Rutgers and Louisville next season, unless of course UConn is vying for another shot at ACC membership.

Quote Originally Posted by MEHOKIE View Post
    Next day's function, high class luncheon …
    I can't believe I failed to see the real reason -- he was tired of standing on the wall like he was Poindexter.

Quote Originally Posted by nvpbrown View Post
    I can't believe I failed to see the real reason -- he was tired of standing on the wall like he was Poindexter.
    Forget BTTS It's now PBAM. Poindexter busts a move.

who?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie1992 View Post
    I'll buy that. Poindexter has the same history and ties to UVa that Torian Grey and Cornell Brown do to Tech. It is entirely possible that he will someday be back at UVa. UConn coach Bob Diaco and Poindexter were both at UVa on Al Groh's staff. I only question taking a job in the American Athletic Conference which will lose Rutgers and Louisville next season, unless of course UConn is vying for another shot at ACC membership.
    But it's also a promotion he's going from a position coach to a coordinator. And odds are unless he's a complete disaster he won't get fired after 1 year like London's staff will after next season

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJamie View Post
    But it's also a promotion he's going from a position coach to a coordinator. And odds are unless he's a complete disaster he won't get fired after 1 year like London's staff will after next season
    Poindexter may not be gone very long. Could be back at UVA in 2015.