Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can MBB win another game this season?

Yes, we have Miami coming in for a home game but I expect them to be better at that point and they will have seen how teams have exploited our weak team ball handling, lack of inside scoring and lack of depth at point guard. Some might say we stand a good chance against BC, but they have a strong backcourt and we can never seem to slow down Ryan Anderson. Don't know anything about Clemson and GT, so suppose there is a chance there. And UVA and MD certainly appear to be up and down teams, not nearly as good as last year, so maybe there is a win somewhere there.

Unfortunately Jarrell Eddie didn't play well after around the first 10 games last year and this pattern could be repeating itself this year. Don't think it is nerves, maybe his legs get tired - not sure what it is but he went from a great shooter to barely being able to make a shot. Hope we are not in for a repeat.

Can and will. There are plenty of winnable games. We certainly won't win them all, but we'll win some.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieGuy View Post
    Yes, we have Miami coming in for a home game but I expect them to be better at that point and they will have seen how teams have exploited our weak team ball handling, lack of inside scoring and lack of depth at point guard. Some might say we stand a good chance against BC, but they have a strong backcourt and we can never seem to slow down Ryan Anderson. Don't know anything about Clemson and GT, so suppose there is a chance there. And UVA and MD certainly appear to be up and down teams, not nearly as good as last year, so maybe there is a win somewhere there.

Unfortunately Jarrell Eddie didn't play well after around the first 10 games last year and this pattern could be repeating itself this year. Don't think it is nerves, maybe his legs get tired - not sure what it is but he went from a great shooter to barely being able to make a shot. Hope we are not in for a repeat.
    They should win enough games to avoid last place. I wouldn't even be surprised if Tech upset a ranked team this year. I still think there will be a night when we are hot from the 3 pt. line and the other team is off or mentally not ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    Can and will. There are plenty of winnable games. We certainly won't win them all, but we'll win some.
    agreed. this topic came through about 2 months ago and if i remember correctly, 4-5 acc wins is doable. uva, GT, clemson, BC, wake are potential W's.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

I'm always up for some healthy pushing of the panic button, but it would take a dramatic turn of events to the negative for us to enter "lose out for the rest of the season" territory. Even if you made us an underdog in every remaining game (and we're probably at least a 2:1 favorite at home against BC and near even money in a few other games), we'd still be incredibly unlikely to lose our remaining 17 games.

It's basketball. Bad teams win games all the time.

I agree. We are bound to have a game where we shoot the lights out or the other team mails it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler-100 View Post
    I'm always up for some healthy pushing of the panic button, but it would take a dramatic turn of events to the negative for us to enter "lose out for the rest of the season" territory. Even if you made us an underdog in every remaining game (and we're probably at least a 2:1 favorite at home against BC and near even money in a few other games), we'd still be incredibly unlikely to lose our remaining 17 games.

It's basketball. Bad teams win games all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    agreed. this topic came through about 2 months ago and if i remember correctly, 4-5 acc wins is doable. uva, GT, clemson, BC, wake are potential W's.
    lol this topic came through a couple months ago and there were many claiming an 0-18 ACC Campaign was upon us.

This team will not finish last in the ACC unless other bottom feeders get the worst performances of the year from middle of the road teams. Wilson, Emelogu and Thompson will continue to get better and win some ball games for Tech this year. May even get a nice upset (Team 3-8 in standings)

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    lol this topic came through a couple months ago and there were many claiming an 0-18 ACC Campaign was upon us.

This team will not finish last in the ACC unless other bottom feeders get the worst performances of the year from middle of the road teams. Wilson, Emelogu and Thompson will continue to get better and win some ball games for Tech this year. May even get a nice upset (Team 3-8 in standings)
    After watching the game today, I am hopeful but not optimistic. Besides what appeared to be poor coaching toward the end of the game, Eddie is repeating last year's performance. And the team seems to be very tight in pressure situations.

After watching the game today, I am hopeful but not optimistic. Besides what appeared to be poor coaching toward the end of the game, Eddie is repeating last year's performance. And the team seems to be very tight in pressure situations.
    Yeah I obviously dramatically overrated our chances in today's game when this thread got going last week. We were probably more like 55/45 favorites at best. Nowhere near 2 to 1.

Just not much reason to hope right now.

We are definitely bad enough that we COULD lose every game from here on out. However I'm sure we'll have a game everyone shows up together and steals one.