Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sounds like Paul Johnson might be out at GT

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 4m
    Word is #GaTech coach Paul Johnson is not happy with the school. Hopes they buy him out, according to a source.

With Golden being on the short list for Penn St (and likely the favorite), the Coastal could go through a massive shakeup this offseason.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Word is #GaTech coach Paul Johnson is not happy with the school. Hopes they buy him out, according to a source.

With Golden being on the short list for Penn St (and likely the favorite), the Coastal could go through a massive shakeup this offseason.
    They can only dream. The GT fans/alum I know are done with him.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post

Assuming there is a Coastal after our winter meetings...or that the Coastal looks the same...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    Assuming there is a Coastal after our winter meetings...or that the Coastal looks the same...
    Even if the Coastal Division doesn't look exactly the same, it appears that 3-4 (maybe 5) ACC schools may be looking for a new head coach and I believe 3 will be coming from 1 division. The list of potential schools impacted appears to be Miami, GT, Louisville, (maybe) UVA, and (maybe) FSU. Until Texas hires the next head coach, then I am not sure Jimbo is completely safe at FSU.

Texas is going to hire Mora of UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by VaAkita View Post

Uh no they're not

Quote Originally Posted by VaAkita View Post
    ESPN is reporting Mora no longer a candidate for Texas.
    "Revolution rock, it is a brand new rock. A bad, bad rock, this here revolution rock."

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Even if the Coastal Division doesn't look exactly the same, it appears that 3-4 (maybe 5) ACC schools may be looking for a new head coach and I believe 3 will be coming from 1 division. The list of potential schools impacted appears to be Miami, GT, Louisville, (maybe) UVA, and (maybe) FSU. Until Texas hires the next head coach, then I am not sure Jimbo is completely safe at FSU.
    I think Coach Dream has at least one more year before being fired. They'll want him to keep working the 757 clowns for another year.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Golf View Post
    ESPN is reporting Mora no longer a candidate for Texas.
    Which means Fisher and Strong are still in play for the job. If Texas is looking to hire someone with a connection to the program, then Will Muschamp may be a dark horse candidate. I know he is coming off a bad season at UF, but I am not sure that really matters to Texas. FSU fans would be thrilled if Texas were to hire Muschamp, but I am not sure Louisville fans would be because most likely UF would hire Strong (given the connection). If Golden leaves for Penn State, then I think Strong would become the favorite to take that job. So it looks like there is a real good chance that Louisville may have to find a new head coach. Could that open the door for Foster to become the next head coach at Louisville (assuming Louisville is interested)? Would Foster take the job (if offered)? Just imagine what that would do to the Louisville-VT rivalry especially if the divisions are realigned so both end up in the same division.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    I think Coach Dream has at least one more year before being fired. They'll want him to keep working the 757 clowns for another year.
    Depending on how things play out with the other ACC programs, then I would agree with you. However, if there are a lot of big news changes that shine the spotlight on the other programs and GT becomes an afterthought, then the AD may feel pressured to shake things up.