Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And with the weather tomorrow night? Good luck getting a half full Cassell

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJamie View Post
    And with the weather tomorrow night? Good luck getting a half full Cassell
    Half? Good luck getting 500 people there. The weather is going to be brutal. Wish I could call in sick from work so I don't have to go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Half? Good luck getting 500 people there. The weather is going to be brutal. Wish I could call in sick from work so I don't have to go outside.
    Tomorrow's game might be a new low (in terms of product) in recent VT bball history.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    The game's inside and shuttles run from parking lots...wusses
    Besides, it's warming up from -3 this AM to +12 by game time tonight....I'll be there

It was about this temp (single digits and below zero wind chill) for the 1981 VMI-VT football game...I was 9 and was there...don't ask who won...I think the temp at 8-10 degrees was still higher than the final score
    Last edited by hokiepro; Tue Jan 07 2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    The game's inside and shuttles run from parking lots...wusses
    Besides, it's warming up from -3 this AM to +12 by game time tonight....I'll be there
    I'll be there as well. I wonder if anyone has suggested opening the gates like the Maryland game in the snow. (I know that most students aren't back, but there are a few running around for winter session.

We'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieEngineer View Post
    I'll be there as well. I wonder if anyone has suggested opening the gates like the Maryland game in the snow. (I know that most students aren't back, but there are a few running around for winter session.
    I just walked around campus at lunch. I think I saw maybe 5 people on campus and only one looked like a student. "Opening the gates" isn't going to make a difference tonight.

I will be there with my wife. We'll be the good looking ones surrounded by empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieEngineer View Post
    Does VT have a winter session? Must be something new

Quote Originally Posted by Nate23VT View Post
    It is new this year. There are virtual classes, residential classes, and blended.

http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/articles/20...ersession.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nate23VT View Post
    Need to bring back the quarter system when students came back in September (around the 3rd week of football season) and only had 2 weeks off for Christmas holiday break.

Seriously, why do college students get a month off and return during the 3rd week of January?