Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

#2 Syracuse at Cassell at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday during Winter Break.......

This game couldn't come at a worse time for Tech. It's on at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday at Cassell during winter break. I wonder how many fans will actually show up? It's not every day a #2 team comes to Cassell. The only time Syracuse played at Cassell was way back on January 30, 1978. Tech beat #10 Syracuse 87-71. Maybe the environment and opponent will bore Cuse and Tech can hand them their first ACC loss.

Haha that was funny. I know my crew isn't going, day after the MNC too. A lot of people work the next day. Poor scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    This game couldn't come at a worse time for Tech. It's on at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday at Cassell during winter break. I wonder how many fans will actually show up? It's not every day a #2 team comes to Cassell. The only time Syracuse played at Cassell was way back on January 30, 1978. Tech beat #10 Syracuse 87-71. Maybe the environment and opponent will bore Cuse and Tech can hand them their first ACC loss.

we also host BC and Clemson before spring semester starts

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    we also host BC and Clemson before spring semester starts
    Typical ACC scheduling...
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Maybe the environment and opponent will bore Cuse and Tech can hand them their first ACC loss.
    maybe they never make it out of syracuse. that would probably be best for VT.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

John Swofford to Jim Boeheim "Yes, Jim, you will have to go to Blacksburg. But don't worry! We'll make sure it's the most depressed enviornment imagineable so you can get your win and not have to show up for another four years."

Quote Originally Posted by StudentHokie View Post
    John Swofford to Jim Boeheim "Yes, Jim, you will have to go to Blacksburg. But don't worry! We'll make sure it's the most depressed enviornment imagineable so you can get your win and not have to show up for another four years."
    Sadly, it's not hard to imagine that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by StudentHokie View Post
    You nailed it. Hard to believe they never came to Blacksburg the entire time we were in the BE.

Sad...Miami hung right with 'Cuse today too

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Sad...Miami hung right with 'Cuse today too
    Was hoping Cuse blew out Miami and came to Blacksburg uninspired, but a 49-44 win over the lowly Canes will likely make Cuse play hard on Tuesday night.