Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Frank said that after the 1994 UVA game, too.
    That is why I said I am worried that another coach will try to break the jinx. If VT ever gets a head coach that is either affiliated or a fan of the Cleveland Browns, then I am sure the orange uniforms will be tried again. Even though they aren't the same colors, the patterns are similar or at least when I saw VT's uniforms I immediately thought of the Cleveland Browns.

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by ReciprocalHokie View Post
    We had great talent this year, and last, and the year prior.
    Your definition of "great" must vary greatly from every acceptable definition of "great"

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    Your definition of "great" must vary greatly from every acceptable definition of "great"
    He meant "grate". As in someone who grates on you.

Not much -

Kendall Fuller and Faycson are the 2 encouraging factors.

Maybe a bit of Grimes.

That's all - NOTHING/NOONE on offense.

Looking forward to being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hokieeikoh View Post
    Kendall Fuller and Faycson are the 2 encouraging factors.

Maybe a bit of Grimes.

You're already wrong about the offense. Find the faith, brother Hokie.

Stanford, Byrn and Cline are already reasons to be optimistic about the future of the offense. Rogers is a player and Grimes is fixin' ta load up on some real offensive linemen, as opposed to converts. Add the return of Malleck and we're gonna eventually be okay. We just may not recognize it until the OL has had another year or so of Grimey's tutelage.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

[QUOTE=ReciprocalHokie;894039]
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesrule98 View Post
    At this point, it's doubtful on winning the ACC with what we have at QB. Major bowl? What is that, a BCS bowl. Then no, not next year. But a complete housecleaning isn't going to get that for you either.

A complete housecleaning may very well be a disaster over the next 5 years, but the status quo will almost CERTAINLY be a disaster over the next 5 years and then we'll still need another half decade to affect the complete housecleaning we *KNOW* is coming with Frank Beamer's retirement.

That's my point, pay now or pay later after years of struggling in the middle of a very average ACC pack.
    We had a house cleaning last year on offense. You want one every year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    Stanford, Byrn and Cline are already reasons to be optimistic about the future of the offense. Rogers is a player and Grimes is fixin' ta load up on some real offensive linemen, as opposed to converts. Add the return of Malleck and we're gonna eventually be okay. We just may not recognize it until the OL has had another year or so of Grimey's tutelage.
    Reality check folks. I'm an optimist, but that certainly isn't going to turn any of those 3 guys into stars. They're the best we've got, and yes, I guess I can look forward to their development, but as far as EXCITEMENT goes, I can't say that I am. Stanford's key drop in the bowl game left me with a BAD taste. Paperboy had the best hands, but I think we've seen what he can be - good, but not GREAT. This offense needs a LOT more GOOD, and some GREAT, to be able to compete, and I just don't see it -

Reality check folks. I'm an optimist, but that certainly isn't going to turn any of those 3 guys into stars. They're the best we've got, and yes, I guess I can look forward to their development, but as far as EXCITEMENT goes, I can't say that I am. Stanford's key drop in the bowl game left me with a BAD taste. Paperboy had the best hands, but I think we've seen what he can be - good, but not GREAT. This offense needs a LOT more GOOD, and some GREAT, to be able to compete, and I just don't see it -
    You're not supposed to see it, you're supposed to feel it. It comes from the heart, not the head.

Yeah, that's BS. Just stay with us. It's going to be a great ride.

Oh...I think Stanford and Cline have plenty of upside. In fact, I could see both being decent pros with their skill sets. Cline could actually develop into a very special player in this system that will increasingly rely upon the TE. Also, Malleck was indeed being described as some of the top offensive players prior to injury. He may end up being a good player too. Furthermore, we've got two fairly highly rated QBs, 3 fairly highly rated RBs, and a few fairly highly rated WRs to go on along with a deep OL class committed to us right now. If only one player from each of those categories turns into a stud, the future of VT offense is pretty bright.