Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Stanford excites me, I think he's going to have a great career here.

The chat boards are in the format you like. There's a link at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by ReciprocalHokie View Post
    Those quotes were mine, and yes I advocate a complete housecleaning from AD to waterboy. Maybe get one of the fired coaches from the top 10 teams who can't stand not winning the MNC in the past 3 years.

Which brings me to my next peeve, this message board format. I'm sure the misquoting was my screwup but I left this site because of the board format; I hate it that much. And before you make the suggestion, I'll be gone again soon enough.

Offensively we're going to suck for at least the next two years.

Defensively we're taking a huge hit with graduation so next year will be a letdown from an exciting, but ultimately letdown year (cf. last night's disaster).

Frank is nearing retirement which will affect recruiting. Even so, he won't get the message that the college game has passed him by for a few more years so expect rearranging the deck chairs but no improvement.

No heir apparent to the top coaching spot, hell we don't even have an AD.

New coaching staff needs 3-5 years to recruit players for their new system.

We'll be in neutral or reverse for the next 5-10 years.
    Bud Foster is the still the defensive coordinator.

We had great talent this year, and last, and the year prior.
    You are certifiably insane to use a Seth Greenberg expression. The talent is in the dumps. We used have great talent that overcame the rodeo clowns that Frank's buddies were masquerading themselves a BCS level offensive coaches.

Lurker
    Grimes, new recruits, Dadi, new QB,

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesrule98 View Post
    Things that excite me:

1-) great recruiting class coming in
    2-) Edmunds at RB
    3-) Young WR's advancing their game
    4-) Cline at TE
    5-) Malleck back at TE. Should have great 2 TE sets next year.
    6-) O-line battles in offseason. Young transfers from D and new recruits add athleticism to year 2 of Grimes
    7-) Maddy coming back on D
    8-) Facyson and Fuller allowing Bud to attack on defense
    9-) Any new kicker has to be better than what we have on O
    10-) Much better home slate of games in 2014.
    Amen, bro. I'm very excited for next year! Add to this: 11. Playing in Ohio State in Columbus.

Offensively we're going to suck for at least the next two years.

Defensively we're taking a huge hit with graduation so next year will be a letdown from an exciting, but ultimately letdown year (cf. last night's disaster).

Frank is nearing retirement which will affect recruiting. Even so, he won't get the message that the college game has passed him by for a few more years so expect rearranging the deck chairs but no improvement.

No heir apparent to the top coaching spot, hell we don't even have an AD.

New coaching staff needs 3-5 years to recruit players for their new system.

We'll be in neutral or reverse for the next 5-10 years.
    I'm interested in how the QB battle plays out next spring. I think Leal still has the inside track on being the starter, but his performance yesterday didn't help him. I think all would agree there will at least be a battle for the backup spot (and potential 2015 starter) between Motley, Hodges, Ford and Durkin.

Those quotes were mine, and yes I advocate a complete housecleaning from AD to waterboy. Maybe get one of the fired coaches from the top 10 teams who can't stand not winning the MNC in the past 3 years.
    Do you try to look dumber with each post? You would get rid of probably THE BEST defensive coordinator so you can 'clean house'? How would that make ANYTHING better? This team would not have had a 10 win season this millennium if Bud Foster wasn't here. He and his staff just produced a Top 5 defense in the country in several categories but you'd get rid of him.

Yes, the D had a bad game yesterday, no denying that. The team went 8-5 this year with all new receivers, new running backs, no kicking game to speak of (Hughes exempted) and everyone acts like they should've won 11 games and been in a BCS bowl. The delirium of some Hokie fans is past the point of illogical, bordering on the crazy plateau of Texas Longhorn fans.

And to answer the original question, I'm excited about the recruiting class, which is one of the best Beamer and Co have ever put together, excited to see a QB try-out in the Spring/Fall, excited for Stanford and Byrn to be a year older, excited to have some good games at home and excited to see what Bud does next.

Which brings me to my next peeve, this message board format. I'm sure the misquoting was my screwup but I left this site because of the board format; I hate it that much. And before you make the suggestion, I'll be gone again soon enough.
    You type very well for a guy who jumped off the cliff and is still falling.

Jerome Wright running over defenders between the tackles.
    "I am an optimist, it does not seem much use being anything else." -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hawk View Post
    Jerome Wright running over defenders between the tackles.
    Where did that come from? And the end-arounds with Carlis Parker? Lefty, Grimes and Moorehead will get us where we want to be.