Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. This is coming from the guy that put drivel on the board all year about how Frank was holding us hostage because he never gave Leal a fair chance to start.......your claim, over and over, was that Beamer was not playing LT because he was our best option; rather, he was playing LT only because of how loyal he (Beamer) was.....

Well I hope the fact that Leal could not move the ball against second stringers in a prevent defense yesterday puts your silly theory to rest forever.....

Beamer is not a fly-by-night coach. He does know what he is doing, especially with regards to knowing what personnel gives us the best opportunity to win......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, my theory was that due to Beamer begging LT to play QB, he wasn't going to bench him. I said that in some of the games where Logan was playing like garbage over the last 2 years that it wouldn't hurt to get Leal some experience and to see what he could do. Had Frank done that Leal may have played better last night. He was put in an impossible to succeed scenario so it means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndHokie39 View Post
    Speaking of epic fails...
    Seriously, perhaps it is time tsl message boards fade away. Our fans aren't mature enough to handle a loss based on the last few days.

I don't understand the point of engaging in this conversation anymore. The LT experiment is over and the results are there for all to see, continuing to feed the trolls feels unproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    No, my theory was that due to Beamer begging LT to play QB, he wasn't going to bench him. I said that in some of the games where Logan was playing like garbage over the last 2 years that it wouldn't hurt to get Leal some experience and to see what he could do. Had Frank done that Leal may have played better last night. He was put in an impossible to succeed scenario so it means nothing.

Based on the last few days? You have got to be joking, this is the calmest this board has ever been after a blowout loss in literally ever. Despite a few exceptions, we have all become accustomed to losing and losing bad like this.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. After the last 5 years, apathy is something this fan base has in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
    Seriously, perhaps it is time tsl message boards fade away. Our fans aren't mature enough to handle a loss based on the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    I don't understand the point of engaging in this conversation anymore. The LT experiment is over and the results are there for all to see, continuing to feed the trolls feels unproductive.
    I agree, but I will also defend myself and correct mischaracterizations of my views.

But I'm excited about the future. New AD, no more LT experiment, real QB recruits coming in, real OC, real QB coach, real OL coach and a very good WR coach that we found.

Lurker
    CFB showed his lack of class by throwing Leal under the bus and blaming him for his team not being prepared....again. You don't call out an amateur athlete to the media after a loss, especially when you and your son are raking in millions off them. Hope VT recruits see this as an example of what they are going to be playing for, no wonder London is getting the recruits. He can't coach either, but at least he has class.

Loeffler appears to be an epic fail

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    I agree, but I will also defend myself and correct mischaracterizations of my views.

But I'm excited about the future. New AD, no more LT experiment, real QB recruits coming in, real OC, real QB coach, real OL coach and a very good WR coach that we found.
    There is no mischaracterization. The two of you have been incorrect all season, but it's just easier to write it all off and move on now, right? You can call me a troll or whatever other words the two of you wish to make up; however, you are the two that "trolled" LT and Beamer all season for no reason other than to vent your frustrations with the team. LT was ALL we had on offense, but, you chose not to accept that. You went the conspiracy theory/backup QB route.......

The LT "experiment" was wildly successful for VT by the way. He took us to a BCS Bowl, and then allowed us to keep the bowl streak alive while working with a roster filled with MAC-level talent......if you two would open your eyes and understand that he was the single best, and perhaps ONLY, option we had at QB during the last three years, then you will start to appreciate the guy......

I think you will understand this even more next season......basically, until we start brining in the talent on offense again.

So I will stop beating this dead horse, because I have beaten it to death. However, I remain perplexed at how adamant the two of you were this year about throwing LT (and Beamer) under the bus regarding the QB position......
    Last edited by Hubman; Wed Jan 01 2014 at 02:03 PM.
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by keydet91 View Post
    CFB showed his lack of class by throwing Leal under the bus and blaming him for his team not being prepared....again. You don't call out an amateur athlete to the media after a loss, especially when you and your son are raking in millions off them. Hope VT recruits see this as an example of what they are going to be playing for, no wonder London is getting the recruits. He can't coach either, but at least he has class.
    Classic first post, Hoo.......
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Ya know I think it's too early to judge Lefty. He doesn't have his players in the system yet and he had to Taylor to that this year. We still improved a win. I think Shane Beamer is the fail. He can't even see who the most talented running back is in practice and plays JCC as a feature back

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    There is no mischaracterization. The two of you have been incorrect all season, but it's just easier to write it all off and move on now, right? You can call me a troll or whatever other words the two of you wish to make up; however, you are the two that "trolled" LT and Beamer all season for no reason other than to vent your frustrations with the team. LT was ALL we had on offense, but, you chose not to accept that. You went the conspiracy theory/backup QB route.......

The LT "experiment" was wildly successful for VT by the way. He took us to a BCS Bowl, and then allowed us to keep the bowl streak alive while working with a roster filled with MAC-level talent......if you two would open your eyes and understand that he was the single best, and perhaps ONLY, option we had at QB during the last three years, then you will start to appreciate the guy......

I think you will understand this even more next season......basically, until we start brining in the talent on offense again.

So I will stop beating this dead horse, because I have beaten it to death. However, I remain perplexed at how adamant the two of you we're this year about throwing LT (and Beamer) under the bus regarding the QB position......
    There sure is, but whatever makes you feel better be my guest.

I understand everything. I understood back in 07 that we were doomed with the offensive staff at the time. I was right all along...

I have appreciated LT his entire career here. The dude is a great Hokie, and made a huge sacrifice for the team and Beamer. It's shame he didn't get any real coaching until this year, Frank has done a huge disservice to him...

The QB position has been entire flop since we had nobody in the pipeline to take over after Tyrod...