Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72
  1. #11
    '07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 03, 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieD_1994 View Post
    You said it...his first year. Some might disagree, but IMO we won't know Loeffler's full impact here for a few more years. We've already seen his resume is good enough to attract recruits. I mean we had folks on here wanting to keep Stiney on "recruiting ability" alone. Loeffler might not be the right guy to fix this offense, time will tell.

    Personally, I think the problems are deeper than an OC. Look at what's happened to the special teams.
    loeffler & co are working with an incomplete roster. itll be 2015 before we REALLY need to look at his success. we do have some nice shiny pennies coming into the offensive side next year and they will without a doubt press for PT.
    Last edited by typed by ben; Wed Jan 01 2014 at 10:39 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisHokie View Post
    Once again I'll say, Loeffler was playing with house money this season. We could have gone 11-1 or 1-11, it doesn't mean anything until we see his players in his scheme.

    I will say this, tho. Dude did a good job of taking what he had this year. He's a run first guy but he basically built his entire offense around the pass this year because it's all he had to work with. That kind of flexibility and adaptability is what was lacking in his predecessor.

    I'm still cautiously optimistic about Loeffler. I saw schematic things this season that have been missing for a decade. Just the fact that we know how to run a properly designed and executed screen pass makes me excited.
    This post is on the money.

  3. #13
    HokieD_1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19, 2002
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by typed by ben View Post
    loeffler & co are working with an incomplete roster. itll be 2015 before we REALLY need to look at his success. we do have some nice shiny pennies coming into the offensive side next year and they will without a doubt press for PT.
    Think these new QBs bump Leal before he sees a snap next season? Leal made some freshman mistakes. He stared down receivers, threw the ball up for grabs under duress. I'm sure he wasn't prepared to step in, but I'm not convinced he's our man.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsvt View Post
    Your post is an epic fail. Go read the keyplay. Great write up on O
    link to the keyplay article? TIA.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieD_1994 View Post
    Think these new QBs bump Leal before he sees a snap next season? Leal made some freshman mistakes. He stared down receivers, threw the ball up for grabs under duress. I'm sure he wasn't prepared to step in, but I'm not convinced he's our man.
    I'm pretty sure Leoffler would rather work with his own recruits then any leftovers from the previous regime. RS senior or not...

  6. #16
    AbsolutVT03's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    11,852
    It's amazing that people are ready to turn on a guy after just one season. I think the play designs have shown promise but it's not really fair to pass judgment based on one season where the offense started a million freshmen and had quite a few significant injuries.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    January 14, 2000
    Location
    Rockville VA
    Posts
    25,081
    Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    I'm pretty sure Leoffler would rather work with his own recruits then any leftovers from the previous regime. RS senior or not...
    I'm pretty sure he will play the best player, and would find the use of the word "leftover" to be insulting and narrow minded.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WestEndHokie39 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he will play the best player, and would find the use of the word "leftover" to be insulting and narrow minded.
    I'm sure he will play the best player. Just not sure a Leal automatically is because of age. Leftover was meant to be an insult, the previous staff couldn't recruit QBs at all.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    July 11, 2001
    Posts
    18,411
    Feels like an inconsistent message here. Been trashing the offensive talent and lack thereof all year, then get all huffy when someone calls them "leftovers?"

    Feels like it can't be both.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestEndHokie39 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he will play the best player, and would find the use of the word "leftover" to be insulting and narrow minded.

  10. #20
    Hubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 01, 2003
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA (757!!)
    Posts
    8,990
    Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    I'm sure he will play the best player. Just not sure a Leal automatically is because of age. Leftover was meant to be an insult, the previous staff couldn't recruit QBs at all.
    Whoa whoa whoa. This is coming from the guy that put drivel on the board all year about how Frank was holding us hostage because he never gave Leal a fair chance to start.......your claim, over and over, was that Beamer was not playing LT because he was our best option; rather, he was playing LT only because of how loyal he (Beamer) was.....

    Well I hope the fact that Leal could not move the ball against second stringers in a prevent defense yesterday puts your silly theory to rest forever.....

    Beamer is not a fly-by-night coach. He does know what he is doing, especially with regards to knowing what personnel gives us the best opportunity to win......


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •