Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zumwalt - thug?

Quote Originally Posted by HwoodHokie View Post
    No way Hokiestud, no way. Hit him right under the chin. Even if you say he couldn't hold up he could have tackled him right in the gut and planted him like Miles Jack did a few plays before. He went high to a defenseless player after Logan had trucked a few Bruins a few plays before. I'm pretty sure that was a hit to make a message and borderline thuggish. With all of the attention on trying to protect players I can't believe Lundquest and Danielson sat there and tried to justify that hit.
    All commentators favor the team that is considered to be the "sexy" team. It becomes even more obvious if that sexy team is winning the game. Besides no commentator could cheer against the Bruins cheerleaders.

http://beatsc.com/?p=6022
    Last edited by VTHokie2000; Tue Dec 31 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    It was a helmet to helmet hit that was not even close to simultaneous with LT releasing the ball. He hit LT on the chin with his helmet.
    Refs missed it bad.
    According to the video replay it appears the helmet hit the top of Logan's chest first.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...73--ncaaf.html

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    According to the video replay it appears the helmet hit the top of Logan's chest first.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...73--ncaaf.html
    I wasn't on the field. I'm basing my call on what I saw in the replay. Never saw anybody knocked out from a hit to the chest.
    Knock the breath out of a guy, yes, but never a knockout.

I wasn't on the field. I'm basing my call on what I saw in the replay. Never saw anybody knocked out from a hit to the chest.
    The concussion could have come from when the helmet struck the ground. The one time I got a concussion in a game was not from the initial hit, but when the back of my helmet hit the ground.

Whiplash, head contact with the ground, going Gus Frerotte, etc. There are other ways to get a concussion without helmet to helmet contact.

Even worse ease the hit on Coleman later

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Guy led with his head all game, just asking for a serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    The concussion could have come from when the helmet struck the ground. The one time I got a concussion in a game was not from the initial hit, but when the back of my helmet hit the ground.
    I'm very familiar with that scenario, but I don't think that's what happened here. In the replay link it looks like LT landed on his left side and the helmet may not even hit the ground with the force required to cause a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    Whiplash, head contact with the ground, going Gus Frerotte, etc. There are other ways to get a concussion without helmet to helmet contact.
    Everybody knows that, but not one of those examples is pertinent to this situation.
    And each of those examples still has everything to do with the head, not the top of the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVT03 View Post
    Guy led with his head all game, just asking for a serious injury.
    That's his problem. The danger he presents to everybody else is the bigger picture.