Thread: Beamer

Beamer

He has said that he'll stick around as long as he has his health, a good kicker, and a good QB.

He might only have 1/3 next season.

He only had 1/3 this year also

The question is whether he will be able to say that next year. I think no to all 3!

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    He has said that he'll stick around as long as he has his health, a good kicker, and a good QB.

He might only have 1/3 next season.
    The question will be if he'll actually leave and not turn this into a Paterno/Bowden forceout

Quote Originally Posted by CPhilly12 View Post
    The question will be if he'll actually leave and not turn this into a Paterno/Bowden forceout
    I could see another M. Brown situation where he is given the choice to quietly step down or it could get ugly.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    I could see another M. Brown situation where he is given the choice to quietly step down or it could get ugly.
    You may be right, next year will tell the story whether the college lets him make it to retirement in 2016. With Weaver leaving, that's big support he's losing.

Quote Originally Posted by CPhilly12 View Post
    You may be right, next year will tell the story whether the college lets him make it to retirement in 2016. With Weaver leaving, that's big support he's losing.
    Since Steger is Beamer's boss, then I would say that is his big support. I would say that Weaver has not been in the picture since UNC showed interest in hiring Beamer and he was to re-negotiate his contract.

Steger will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Since Steger is Beamer's boss, then I would say that is his big support. I would say that Weaver has not been in the picture since UNC showed interest in hiring Beamer and he was to re-negotiate his contract.
    Frank has answered to no one but himself and Chuck Steger. I would NOT take this position as AD at VT if I had no say so whatsoever over my HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post
    Frank has answered to no one but himself and Chuck Steger. I would NOT take this position as AD at VT if I had no say so whatsoever over my HTC.
    I doubt Frank has any leverage anymore, he is too old to move on to another team, he will have to listen to the new AD and the Pres.