Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This program isn't winning anything for a while.

Let's just hope the program isn't in the complete gutter by the time Beamer retires. We will never see an ass kicking like we did today against a good team while he's the Head Coach unless we're the ones getting beat like that. He has completely lost it and the only thing that keeps this program from being 4-8 or worse is playing in the ACC.

+1

Lurker
    Completely agree. With more season ticket holders bailing by the year, and the progress of the team moving backward, does he make it to 2016 without being forced away? We need a change, fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CPhilly12 View Post
    Completely agree. With more season ticket holders bailing by the year, and the progress of the team moving backward, does he make it to 2016 without being forced away? We need a change, fast.
    I can remember a time when a loss like this blew this board up. Look now: There are like 5 of us on here commenting. What does that tell ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeHokie View Post
    I can remember a time when a loss like this blew this board up. Look now: There are like 5 of us on here commenting. What does that tell ya?
    I think reality might be sitting in about whether the program is really elite or not. Even though the school is a member of a power conference, the football program is behaving like it belongs in a non-power conference. This offseason the program better take a hard look in the mirror and see if it can find the "eye of the tiger" because it has surely lost it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    I think reality might be sitting in about whether the program is really elite or not. Even though the school is a member of a power conference, the football program is behaving like it belongs in a non-power conference. This offseason the program better take a hard look in the mirror and see if it can find the "eye of the tiger" because it has surely lost it yet.
    We are not elite... Period!

This was one of the worst VT teams in 15 years. Sadly, I fear next year may be worse.

Our depth is really poor. UCLA had better athletes today clearly. No one will recall it was a 4-pt game in early 4th... End result is what matters.

Just really tough to be a Hokie sports fan right now with the performances of our football and basketball teams.

Happy new year to all!

Quote Originally Posted by TM86it View Post

This was one of the worst VT teams in 15 years. Sadly, I fear next year may be worse.

Our depth is really poor. UCLA had better athletes today clearly. No one will recall it was a 4-pt game in early 4th... End result is what matters.

Just really tough to be a Hokie sports fan right now with the performances of our football and basketball teams.

Happy new year to all!
    I never said VT was an elite school. However, some fans do think VT is an elite football program. Personally, I have always thought VT was in that next group below the elites (where Kansas St was under Bill Snyder 1.0). Now I wonder if VT could win the AAC, Conference USA, MAC, or Sun Belt on a regular basis.

I don't share your doom & gloom outlook. All along everyone knew this would be a rebuilding year, then we got hit with many injuries to key players.. Exum, Fuller, Malleck, Edmunds... finally Thomas. Matched up against a top 25 team things weren't going to be pretty. Limited depth because of a decline in recruiting under the previous offensive coaches finally caught up to us last year and this year. Even so, we finished 8-5, which is an improvement from 7-6 last season.

Without Leal playing like a freshman we'd have only lost 28-12, maybe even picked up another score; which is pretty much what a lot of people were expecting.

Happy new year to all!
    It's really bad when you consider that football and basketball are seeing generational lows right now in performance. Hokie Club donations the next year or so are going to be struggling to say the least.

Very glad we'll be seeing a new direction from the Athletic Department in the New Year

Happy new year to all!
    I'm always a fan. Not always a happy one!

Women's basketball is playing well so I turn my positive attention to them. Going to watch them play in Hampton on Wednesday.
    "The point of the journey is not To Arrive"....Neil Peart