Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeHokie View Post
    Correct. This program is not premier any longer. I love CFB and have a lot respect for him. But we have no identity and are not going to have one until Frank steps aside. The question is how much longer?
    We do have an identity. Ho hum, we'll go out there and try to win. Daggone that's a tough team over there on the other sideline.

Teams take the personality of their coaches for the most part. That's why we're so unfocused. Whoever said CFB is competitive, it must be at everything other than the foosball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
    We do have an identity. Ho hum, we'll go out there and try to win. Daggone that's a tough team over there on the other sideline.

Teams take the personality of their coaches for the most part. That's why we're so unfocused. Whoever said CFB is competitive, it must be at everything other than the foosball.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bay_area_Hokie View Post
    One word. Wimminz.

Maybe the players get a lot of action on the bowl trip. Think about it. The Burg is a small town. Been there, done that. The bowl town is new, with new blood, and maybe friendly locals. They are there for a few days, much longer than for a normal road game....just a hunch
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post

I wouldn't know. I've never seen Coach Beamer play foosball. Where does he play, Champs or Big Al's?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    SteveA

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInBaltimore View Post
    I wouldn't know. I've never seen Coach Beamer play foosball. Where does he play, Champs or Big Al's?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Beamer is a team player and wants to keep the money in house, so he plays at Squires Student Center.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHokieFan View Post
    Can you define what was unfocused yesterday? And can you define always with specific examples? There are a lot of generalities thrown out here on TSL, but very few take the time to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiesrule98 View Post
    Can you define what was unfocused yesterday? And can you define always with specific examples? There are a lot of generalities thrown out here on TSL, but very few take the time to back it up.
    Here's an example: everything from the opening kickoff to the UCLA TD on that drive. I'm pretty sure we couldn't have looked worse if everyone on the team was stoned.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by hokiesrule98 View Post
    Well to start, 50 yards of UCLA's first drive were defensive penalties. Leal probably didn't expect to touch the field, but that offense after Logan went out was a bumbling, stumbling mess. Receivers dropping the ball. And if you missed the score, you tell me Bud's guys were focused. Guys running in late on defense, guys missing tackles, taking bad angles.

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    Here's an example: everything from the opening kickoff to the UCLA TD on that drive. I'm pretty sure we couldn't have looked worse if everyone on the team was stoned.
    OK. I want to sort out unfocused and unprepared.

Now, part 2 of that equation. Examples of VT "always" unfocused.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieD_1994 View Post
    Well to start, 50 yards of UCLA's first drive were defensive penalties. Leal probably didn't expect to touch the field, but that offense after Logan went out was a bumbling, stumbling mess. Receivers dropping the ball. And if you missed the score, you tell me Bud's guys were focused. Guys running in late on defense, guys missing tackles, taking bad angles.
    The defense played awful yesterday. Couldn't tackle at all. Maybe it was a lack of focus, maybe that QB was a shiftier, faster, bigger version of CJ Brown, who gave us a fit earlier in the year.

Anyway, now that they played bad yesterday, do they "always" do that in bowl games? I remember a completely dominant defensive effort in last year's bowl game.