Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Why are we always so unfocused in bowl games?

Look at the head coach.

The game has passed him by.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHokieFan View Post
    Looks like Mac Browns bowl game. Poorly prepared team.

Yep Eddievt. Virginia Tech reached its pinnacle under Frank Beamer years ago. Its a death by a thousand cuts now. I love Hokie football as much as anyone else. But the losses are no longer bothering me as much because I expect it now. I just hope Frank sees the writing on the wall and bows gracefully. Thanks for the memories CFB!

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeHokie View Post
    Yep Eddievt. Virginia Tech reached its pinnacle under Frank Beamer years ago. Its a death by a thousand cuts now. I love Hokie football as much as anyone else. But the losses are no longer bothering me as much because I expect it now. I just hope Frank sees the writing on the wall and bows gracefully. Thanks for the memories CFB!
    At this point he's just running out the clock. It's not like there's going to be a major turnaround in the next couple of years and everyone knows he's not going to be around 5 years from now.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    Look at the head coach.

The game has passed him by.
    This isn't a new problem. It dates back to the championship game vs FSU (if not further).

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    At this point he's just running out the clock. It's not like there's going to be a major turnaround in the next couple of years and everyone knows he's not going to be around 5 years from now.
    Correct. This program is not premier any longer. I love CFB and have a lot respect for him. But we have no identity and are not going to have one until Frank steps aside. The question is how much longer?

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeHokie View Post
    Correct. This program is not premier any longer. I love CFB and have a lot respect for him. But we have no identity and are not going to have one until Frank steps aside. The question is how much longer?
    I don't know. The new coaches on offense were a good start, but Beamer is the one running the show and it just doesn't work anymore.

The man has done so many great things, but it is time for him to step down. We need a younger coach that is ready for today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    I don't know. The new coaches on offense were a good start, but Beamer is the one running the show and it just doesn't work anymore.

The man has done so many great things, but it is time for him to step down. We need a younger coach that is ready for today's game.
    They just interviewed Jim Mora and he mentioned culture. We need a young energetic, innovative coach who can recruit Virginia talent and create an atmosphere of attitude. Our players seem to be going through the motions like the HC. I dread to see what kind of offense we have next year.

One word. Wimminz.

Maybe the players get a lot of action on the bowl trip. Think about it. The Burg is a small town. Been there, done that. The bowl town is new, with new blood, and maybe friendly locals. They are there for a few days, much longer than for a normal road game....just a hunch