Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    posts on a message board have no affect on the health of the program. the health of the program is the responsibility of the man in charge. Beamer. if we're using medical analogies, Beamer waited too long to start administering anti-biotics. the damage from the infection is what it is and now we're year 1 into the recovery.

imo, there isn't any point in slinging tomatoes anymore. we know the cause and effect. it's indisputable. beamer took action. now we have to grow/recover. it's going to be rough and time consuming based on what we saw on Tuesday.

even with the issues we're dealing with, we can still win 8-9 games for the foreseeable future and win our division. afterall, that's the goal right? try to win the conference and you can't do that until the division is ours.
    You know, i could be wrong but I'm not so sure Frank was not told to replace some of his staff last year. He was told to do the same thing back in 92. Love frank for what has done, but he also is directly responsible for the decline of this program. There is historically tendancy to wait too long to address issues. The O was relatively week for at least several years before Bustle left the program in 2001 and for the most part got worse since then. That told me that frank owned the O including Stiney. Hope Loffler is given the lattitude to do what he needs to do...It may not be untill 2015 or 2016 that we really start to see if they are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by 949hokie View Post
    You know, i could be wrong but I'm not so sure Frank was not told to replace some of his staff last year. He was told to do the same thing back in 92. Love frank for what has done, but he also is directly responsible for the decline of this program. There is historically tendancy to wait too long to address issues. The O was relatively week for at least several years before Bustle left the program in 2001 and for the most part got worse since then. That told me that frank owned the O including Stiney. Hope Loffler is given the lattitude to do what he needs to do...It may not be untill 2015 or 2016 that we really start to see if they are successful.
    there was a hokie club exc. committee meeting right before it went down, take it for what i's worth
    Last edited by 48tnhokie; Thu Jan 02 2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by 949hokie View Post
    i wouldn't doubt it. we'll probably never know for sure though. weaver won't say "i told frank to make moves". beamer won't say "i was ordered to make moves". it'll always be "we decided to make moves". that's fine. i get it. how it happened doesn't really matter to me. a little late but it happened nonetheless.

people like to blur the lines of coach beamer's responsibility to protect his legacy. it's understandable but you can't have your cake and eat it too. it's on beamer.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    Why would they want to come and be a part of that when teams like Clemson, FSU, Georgia, etc. are better on offense and more exciting to watch?
    Maybe because they won't be recruited by those teams?
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    Maybe because they won't be recruited by those teams?
    Good lord. If a player is between us and teams like I listed...our style on offense over the years is definitely part of the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    Good lord. If a player is between us and teams like I listed...our style on offense over the years is definitely part of the decision.
    You honestly think our recruiting sets have a union (overlap)? I bet there are fewer than 3-5 recruits that consider other schools like you mentioned and choose VT. Fewer.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

I think people see auburn got better in one season....so what's up.

Frankly, I think auburn was left with a lot more talent to work with this year. Our problem is recruiting. Out class looks good this year but until we can get the majority of top talent in VA, we aren't going to compete with big boys again.

Like coaches but they need to be given some time.

LT's willingness to switch to qb is the only thing that kept us from losing seasons the past couple of years. I hope the guy makes a boatload of cash in NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by illinihokie View Post
    LT's willingness to switch to qb is the only thing that kept us from losing seasons the past couple of years. I hope the guy makes a boatload of cash in NFL.
    I hope Frank has a back door deal with LT to pay him a lot of his personal money for the huge disservice to LT.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    Agreed. Frank is not bigger than the university or the program. He got it to where it was/is and deserves all the credit for that. But to say that he can do whatever he wants for however long he wants is a recipe for disaster that this program would not recover from.
    Yeah, because FSU hasn't won a thing since Bowden hung around too long. Tech is in a major conference in a state with a lot of talent. We may dip for a couple of years going forward, but, it wouldn't necessarily be the death knell to the program.
    I want those that get to know me to become admirers of my enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieHaz View Post
    Yeah, because FSU hasn't won a thing since Bowden hung around too long. Tech is in a major conference in a state with a lot of talent. We may dip for a couple of years going forward, but, it wouldn't necessarily be the death knell to the program.
    FSU has money, history and recruiting on their side. VT does not. Not saying VT can't or shouldn't recover, but it won't be easy. And why make it harder than it has to be voluntarily?