Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbhokie View Post
    he built it/ he can tear it down if he wants. as I've said before, find one of those great coaches who are beating down the door to come to b-burg.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ was Broke View Post
    It's not Frank Beamer's program. It's our program--the alumni, donors, fans, and people of Virginia. It's not Frank's program to do whatever he wants with it. Your attitude is repugnant.
    Agreed. Frank is not bigger than the university or the program. He got it to where it was/is and deserves all the credit for that. But to say that he can do whatever he wants for however long he wants is a recipe for disaster that this program would not recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by MEHOKIE View Post
    You should be more embarrassed by your posts. Such vitriol, it's borderline psychotic.
    Consider the source...

You can't pin this on Stiney.. This is all Frank. His recruiting tactics and "seal" on the offense have made this team what it is. Too afraid to recruit against the big boys... and now the big boys are coming in to VA and taking some of the top talent out of state.

Well it can really be both. Stiney needs to own his decade of futility at OC here. Frank needs to own allowing it to happen for so long and the position it put the program in as a result.

Bud needs to own yesterdays crap egg of a performance.

All three had an impact on yesterday's result, but I would hope the scope of each, the long term impact, and the effort needed to fix the mistakes for each person should be evident to anyone employing basic logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioteknik View Post
    You can't pin this on Stiney.. This is all Frank. His recruiting tactics and "seal" on the offense have made this team what it is. Too afraid to recruit against the big boys... and now the big boys are coming in to VA and taking some of the top talent out of state.

Not how I expected this post to go.
    I thought you were going to thank him for the relatively ok offenses he produced vs what was generated this year.

Just goes to show a subject line can be misleading.

Your post would be like me back handing al groh or bush. But the jacket d actually did get better this year, roof is not using what Al's 3-4 talent left him. Using 3-4 talent in a 4-3 would be a great excuse. Do I really need to go into our current president's inability to take responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Standing ovation for the this dearth of talent you left us when you were finally canned. Worst mistake of Frank Beamers career was in hiring him and keeping him around that long.

Thankfully, we finally have coaches who know what they are doing. May we never have embarrassing losses like this again.

You should be more embarrassed by your posts. Such vitriol, it's borderline psychotic.
    That's fine... You were one of the ones who buried your head in the sand for years refusing to admit this team had a problem and are now unwilling to accept that those years of complacency have finally caught up to us and now we are nothing more than an average run of the mill mediocre ACC football program. I wouldn't expect you to say anything other than a personal attack to my original post. You know, because any negative opinion about the program is an insult toward you.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    That's fine... You were one of the ones who buried your head in the sand for years refusing to admit this team had a problem and are now unwilling to accept that those years of complacency have finally caught up to us and now we are nothing more than an average run of the mill mediocre ACC football program. I wouldn't expect you to say anything other than a personal attack to my original post. You know, because any negative opinion about the program is an insult toward you.
    Hah, it's posts like yours that never allow the program to heal, as you keep ripping out the stitches in your endeavor to show the world a past injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NRVHokie34 View Post
    Why don't you thank Frank instead of Stiney...he is the man that hire a guy that had no experience and kept him in that position way too long...he is the guy that hired culls like OCain,Newsome and let Hite and Cav hang around and get paid way too long....so to your post THANK YOU FRANK for running this program into the ground with your loyalty
    SO TRUE ....Thank you.

Frank Beamer was content on his ACC Championships and 10 win seasons, when many could see the writing on the wall that the offense was a complete mess. Very talented players (Tyrod Taylor, Eddie Royal, Ryan Williams, Darren Evans, Josh Morgan, etc.) and a great defense covered up for the incompetence for YEARS. We stopped getting as many of those great players, but the same coaching staff remained. The result? A season like last year and Beamer FINALLY made the necessary changes. However, we're still stuck with a lack of talent on offense. I like the class that we have coming and I like the new coaches, but it is going to take some time.

I know some have said that the program benefited from Vick in recruiting, and I really believe in that theory. Kids grew up watching Vick in a Hokie uniform and it is where they wanted to go to school. The recruits over the last however many years never saw Vick in a Hokie uniform. The only thing they saw was an awful offense. Why would they want to come and be a part of that when teams like Clemson, FSU, Georgia, etc. are better on offense and more exciting to watch?

Hah, it's posts like yours that never allow the program to heal, as you keep ripping out the stitches in your endeavor to show the world a past injury.
    posts on a message board have no affect on the health of the program. the health of the program is the responsibility of the man in charge. Beamer. if we're using medical analogies, Beamer waited too long to start administering anti-biotics. the damage from the infection is what it is and now we're year 1 into the recovery.

imo, there isn't any point in slinging tomatoes anymore. we know the cause and effect. it's indisputable. beamer took action. now we have to grow/recover. it's going to be rough and time consuming based on what we saw on Tuesday.

even with the issues we're dealing with, we can still win 8-9 games for the foreseeable future and win our division. afterall, that's the goal right? try to win the conference and you can't do that until the division is ours.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.