Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Interesting dynamic today. End of the LT expirement and the Weaver era. Go 2014!

    Big things coming ahead for VT!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    3,802
    The future looks very bright. But if the game goes sour today, any chance Beamer lets the future QBs take a swing? ;-)

  3. #3

    Join Date
    March 13, 2003
    Location
    Stone Ridge, VA
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    Big things coming ahead for VT!
    LT wasn't an experiment. He was a QB in high school, and a QB in college. In the grand scheme of things, he was pretty darn good. Was he the best we've had here for our system? No he wasn't. But he wasn't an experiment.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesrule98 View Post
    LT wasn't an experiment. He was a QB in high school, and a QB in college. In the grand scheme of things, he was pretty darn good. Was he the best we've had here for our system? No he wasn't. But he wasn't an experiment.
    Call it what you will. I think he is great Hokie and made the ultimate team sacrifice but making him quarterback was an act of desperation.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie1992 View Post
    The future looks very bright. But if the game goes sour today, any chance Beamer lets the future QBs take a swing? ;-)
    No chance at all.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    Call it what you will. I think he is great Hokie and made the ultimate team sacrifice but making him quarterback was an act of desperation.
    On the money NokieHokie. LT was made the QB out of desperation in HS and he was made the QB out of desperation in college. To LT's credit, he still ended up being a good QB. As I said, I'll always wonder what might have happened if Kevin Newsome had played QB here and LT had been his TE/WR. I hope LT goes out with a great performance today

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •