Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I gave it every effort to let it grow on me. Maybe I *AM* an old fogey, but I find it unusable. Pity, now I spend too much time on Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    My God no. You keep this board and get rid of that awful old one. I don't get how people like something that is so inefficient and difficult to read.
    100% agree. It's ridiculous we're discussing board format the day of our board game. But the vBulletin format is far superior to the old format. Keep this board and kill the old format!

Quote Originally Posted by ReciprocalHokie View Post
    I gave it every effort to let it grow on me. Maybe I *AM* an old fogey, but I find it unusable. Pity, now I spend too much time on Reddit.
    Define "it". =^)
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie1992 View Post
    100% agree. It's ridiculous we're discussing board format the day of our board game. But the vBulletin format is far superior to the old format. Keep this board and kill the old format!

I hate the chat boards as well but I also know that it is not going away. A couple months ago I wrote a user script that adds a collapse/expand option to the Chat Boards. I posted it over there but it only got like 2 downloads. I use it daily and think it makes browsing much much easier. The chat boards default to a 'collapsed' view so you can ignore meaningless postt that get tons of replies (such as score prediction threads).

Hopefully you guys are a little more tech-savvy and will give it a look.

You will need GreaseMonkey (FireFox) or TamperMonkey (Chrome) in order to use the script. It will not work in IE

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/177803

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    Yeah, it's sad that so many folks from a TECH school don't spend a few minutes to figure out how to take advantage of all of the benefits that something like vBulletin can give them. But like Nokie said, there's no way that Will is going to kill off the chat board now so we'll just watch TSL slowly fade away
    It's sad that you can't see the benefit of the threaded side. So terribly terribly sad. Boo Hoo! Lol They both have plus's & minus's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoakie82 View Post
    It's sad that you can't see the benefit of the threaded side. So terribly terribly sad. Boo Hoo! Lol They both have plus's & minus's.
    If I wanted to see a bunch of rapid fire comments about VT, I'd do a "Hokies" search on Twitter and view all comments.

I come to TSL for the conversations, and by catering to the chat more and more, its rapidly destroying all the good momentum and conversations we have developed over the past 2 years.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by Hoakie82 View Post
    I do see the benefits of the threaded boards. And I also see that the benefits of vBulletin outweigh them. Unless you just want Twitter style "conversations", in which case you should just use Twitter.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    off topic here, I just wish VT fans would forget about Marcus and let him go on screwing up his life on his own.
    Someone needs to give that boy a job other than carrying Michael's money around & smoking weed. I'm thinking a reality TV show called "Whoops! I Over Slowed My Roll to the Top." Or "Don't Quit Me Bro!"

Everyone that posted before me in this thread should take their dead horses and ride them back to negative Nancyville. If you aren't posting something new, YOU, are the problem. No board format will change that. Now get me a beer, strap on your snotbubbles , and Let's GO ....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not that this is a surprise....but I never even knew we still had chat boards until this thread.

To me, I cannot even imagine going back to that garbage. I checked it out again today and was reminded why this is so much better.