Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I can believe vBulletin with threaded view wasn't more popular. To me it was the best of both worlds, but I guess to everyone else it was just not enough of either format to satisfy people.

off topic here, I just wish VT fans would forget about Marcus and let him go on screwing up his life on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Hokie View Post
    It's not about figuring it out, it's about preference.

I prefer the threaded board.
    vBulletin is much better on mobile devices. If TSL wants to be in that market, then it should be using vBulletin.

Otherwise it can continue to produce white-out for the last remaining typewriter users until there are none left

I say that in jest, don't take offense
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

avhokie, you make some excellent points in this discussion. I agree ...

Oh I agree with that, but I prefer Twitter over message boards on mobile devices so it's not an issue for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    vBulletin is much better on mobile devices. If TSL wants to be in that market, then it should be using vBulletin.

Otherwise it can continue to produce white-out for the last remaining typewriter users until there are none left

I say that in jest, don't take offense

Quote Originally Posted by two91hokies View Post
    The night before a bowl game and and Marcus Vick getting high is the most interesting topic?

IMO, splitting up the boards was a huge mistake.
    If the boards are a key part of tsl's income, I am beginning to think they have killed their business by trying to cater to everyone and making no one happy. All of the boards are fairly dead, and I can't get back into the outdated threaded view. I've tried and find it inpossie to have anything beyond a one or two exchange conversation. If I want shallow conversation twitter and other formats exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Hokie View Post
    Oh I agree with that, but I prefer Twitter over message boards on mobile devices so it's not an issue for me personally.
    Twitter is not a replacement for a message board. You couldn't have the conversation that we are having in this thread on Twitter.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    Agree. Big mistake. And yes, put it out of its misery. I'd rather have one board based on a crappier format than two split ones.
    Totally agree. Big mistake.

And totally DISagree. I don't want to have to use that crappy format ever again. I was resistant to the vBulletin boards at first, but I understood the reasoning behind the switch. And once I used them, and learned how to use them, I grew to prefer them, and that by a mile. I don't want to have to go back to that godawful chat format. Give us the format used on the comments before the old boards.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    I can believe vBulletin with threaded view wasn't more popular. To me it was the best of both worlds, but I guess to everyone else it was just not enough of either format to satisfy people.
    With some tweaking, it could have been sufficient for both groups of users (something I have expounded on before, in multiple threads, so I won't rehash the details here). But by the time the discussion came around, the userbase was so fragmented on the idea of either/or, that I don't think it could have worked. Once the idea was floated to bring back the old boards, people went all Patrick Henry on us. ("Give me the old boards, or give me death!")
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    TSL no longer wanted to provide the best format, but instead decided to split it into two crappier formats in an attempt to satisfy both the dinosaurs who preferred the old "clunky" format, and the young whippersnappers who got used to this version of vBulletin on other message boards. Guess those of us who appreciated the best version just weren't loud enough, or Will & the gang had already made up their minds to go down two diverging paths.

Who knows, TSL may someday discover that grievous error and bring it back...but don't hold your breath.

"You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne