Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Should we just put TSL V Bulletin out of it's misery?

The night before a bowl game and and Marcus Vick getting high is the most interesting topic?

IMO, splitting up the boards was a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by two91hokies View Post
    The night before a bowl game and and Marcus Vick getting high is the most interesting topic?

IMO, splitting up the boards was a huge mistake.
    Agree. Big mistake. And yes, put it out of its misery. I'd rather have one board based on a crappier format than two split ones.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    Agree. Big mistake. And yes, put it out of its misery. I'd rather have one board based on a crappier format than two split ones.
    My God no. You keep this board and get rid of that awful old one. I don't get how people like something that is so inefficient and difficult to read.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    My God no. You keep this board and get rid of that awful old one. I don't get how people like something that is so inefficient and difficult to read.
    While I agree, that's never happening...

I have been amazed at how much more traffic is over on the chat boards. It took me a while but I got used to the vbulletin boards and especially like the "what's new"' button. Will said the drop in hits happened because of the new format. I thought it was last year's poor season, but I was clearly wrong, seeing how many more posts there are on the old format.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    I have been amazed at how much more traffic is over on the chat boards. It took me a while but I got used to the vbulletin boards and especially like the "what's new"' button. Will said the drop in hits happened because of the new format. I thought it was last year's poor season, but I was clearly wrong, seeing how many more posts there are on the old format.
    Too many old fogies over there that adamantly refuse to switch posting techniques that will eventually cripple and kill TSL as a whole.

These same people will complain no matter what the new posting style is that Will might decide to go to just because they simply don't like change. Its the same people that never wanted to replace any coach or Jim Weaver because they were scared about an unknown future. If he decides to switch to the format similar to TheKeyPlay (which he has said is the eventual goal) they'll still complain and not use it... cause its not the Threaded they're used to from the Hokie Central days. Its just sad to see this happening to this site, but its also sad that its not surprising at all to witness.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    As soon as I learned TapaTalk it was as if I've been living in the dark when using forums.

Latest, Notifications, Participated..... You can follow things quickly and use your phone wherever you are.

When on my PC I'm working. I walk away and use my phone for 99% of my interweb activities. Chat and my phone just don't work,

Still frustrating there's not more talk about a Bowl Game against UCS!!

( meant as a joke, I'm stupid, just not that stupid )

Quote Originally Posted by two91hokies View Post
    As soon as I learned TapaTalk it was as if I've been living in the dark when using forums.

Latest, Notifications, Participated..... You can follow things quickly and use your phone wherever you are.

When on my PC I'm working. I walk away and use my phone for 99% of my interweb activities. Chat and my phone just don't work
    Yeah, it's sad that so many folks from a TECH school don't spend a few minutes to figure out how to take advantage of all of the benefits that something like vBulletin can give them. But like Nokie said, there's no way that Will is going to kill off the chat board now so we'll just watch TSL slowly fade away
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

It's not about figuring it out, it's about preference.

I prefer the threaded board.

Yeah, it's sad that so many folks from a TECH school don't spend a few minutes to figure out how to take advantage of all of the benefits that something like vBulletin can give them. But like Nokie said, there's no way that Will is going to kill off the chat board now so we'll just watch TSL slowly fade away

I'll be interested in the stats when Will shares them. Perhaps closing v Bulletin will force the few left over here to go play in the kitty pool full if grumpy old men.

I've personally been using twitter more. It's been great for recruiting news, and I get instant notifications when new VT related articles are posted.