Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bud as HC

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie1992 View Post
    But I'm guessing if running the simple read option gives you trouble, making the right zone reads in Oregon's offense will be next to impossible. With enough practice, I'm sure it can be learned; but I'm not seeing it being at easier to run than what Tech currently tries.
    It gives Logan trouble. We wouldn't have LT as QB we'd have Tahj Boyd probably.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    No it would be a lot easier to recruit if we did switch to that offense...
    That is a big assumption IMO, especially as more teams move to a system the harder it becomes to get the guys who excel in that system. I would think our fans would realize that. We have excelled running a d that takes kids that aren't prototypical and making them into good college players.
    Last edited by Manbearpig; Mon Dec 30 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
    That is a big assumption IMO, especially as more teams move to a system the harder it becomes to get the guys who excel in that system. I would think our fans would realize that. We have excelled running a d that takes kids that aren't prototypical and making them into good college players.
    It is a small assumption, and one that most likely true. I personally don't care what system we run, just want an effective and efficient. As long as we have a clear identity and recruit to it and have coaches that know what they're doing we'll be in good shape. I believe we have that now...

Bud as HC

Plus 1 NokieHokie. We have a very good recruiting class. Just hoping all the negativity from the bowl game doesn't bite us.