Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie1992 View Post
    Those are all reasons why NFL teams scout all-star games and hold the Combine. Thomas was clearly hurt by not having Wilson/Williams/Evans/Suggs/Jones type running backs to hand off to and Boykin/Coale/Wilford/Freeman/Royal type receivers his entire career at Tech. Perhaps its a testament to LT's ability that he set career marks at Tech without stars around him.
    good points

  2. #22
    Melbourne Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 01, 2005
    Location
    In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Posts
    43,158
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHOKIE View Post
    LT will not be drafted in the first 5 rounds.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I'd put great money on him being drafted in the first 5 rounds. Do people forget that after his sophomore season, LT was discussed as not just a first round draft pick, but a #1 overall. There's no way he drops to the sixth round.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    good points
    His 4 interceptions against Duke and 4 more against BC had nothing to do with the fact that we lack good WRs. That was just bad QB play from a 5th year QB. Bad decision making when under fire.
    And if we really lack WRs, then there is no way LT could have set those career records. Someone was catching the ball, right? I don't know why so many of you don't understand that LT is simply not very good when it comes to split second decision making in the pocket. There is a valid reason for all those interceptions.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    I'd put great money on him being drafted in the first 5 rounds. Do people forget that after his sophomore season, LT was discussed as not just a first round draft pick, but a #1 overall. There's no way he drops to the sixth round.
    For me, LT's college career is the proof that football is the ultimate team game.

  5. #25
    Melbourne Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 01, 2005
    Location
    In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Posts
    43,158
    Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    For me, LT's college career is the proof that football is the ultimate team game.
    For me that was Dan Marino..... I was arguing with a friend over Christmas about whether Tom Brady or Peyton Manning was the better QB. His argument always came back to the more superbowl rings for Brady. As if, there were no one else on that team (or a cheating coaching staff to help out.....)

  6. #26

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by javahokie View Post
    His 4 interceptions against Duke and 4 more against BC had nothing to do with the fact that we lack good WRs. That was just bad QB play from a 5th year QB. Bad decision making when under fire.
    And if we really lack WRs, then there is no way LT could have set those career records. Someone was catching the ball, right? I don't know why so many of you don't understand that LT is simply not very good when it comes to split second decision making in the pocket. There is a valid reason for all those interceptions.
    There's "A" valid reason for all those interceptions? "A" as in 1 - ONE - UNO?

    Here's "Some" other valid reasons -
    Not all interceptions are the fault of the QB.
    If the line is doing their job, the QB won't be "under fire", forced to make split second decisions.
    One-dimensional offenses (no running game) make it rough for any QB.

    This is not meant to absolve LT, but it is inaccurate to lay all the blame on LT.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    For me that was Dan Marino..... I was arguing with a friend over Christmas about whether Tom Brady or Peyton Manning was the better QB. His argument always came back to the more superbowl rings for Brady. As if, there were no one else on that team (or a cheating coaching staff to help out.....)
    I stand corrected!
    For me, LT's college career and Dan Marino of the Dolphins are proof that football is the ultimate team game.

    Your point about championship rings is excellent. How can people say Michael Jordan's 6 rings is the proof that he was the best player ever, then when you mention Bill Russell of the Celtics, they look at you as if you had antlers growing out of your head?
    Bill Russell has misplaced as many rings as Jordan has won.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by javahokie View Post
    His 4 interceptions against Duke and 4 more against BC had nothing to do with the fact that we lack good WRs. That was just bad QB play from a 5th year QB. Bad decision making when under fire.
    And if we really lack WRs, then there is no way LT could have set those career records. Someone was catching the ball, right? I don't know why so many of you don't understand that LT is simply not very good when it comes to split second decision making in the pocket. There is a valid reason for all those interceptions.
    That all is why I see LT going in the 6th, 7th or undrafted. LT has a great arm. But there are so many times this past season in which he either was long or short on his throws. The question will be if NFL teams feel there is enough talent to work with him to make him better. Overall though, I doubt NFL teams are interested in a QB that multiple times a game can't hit a receiver in man to man coverage.

  9. #29
    [QUOTE=Melbourne Hokie;892734]Do people forget that after his sophomore season, LT was discussed as not just a first round draft pick, but a #1 overall.QUOTE]

    People don't forget those 6 games where he had an awesome run, they just remember the 25 or so after that...

  10. #30

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    [QUOTE=NokieHokie;892756]
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    Do people forget that after his sophomore season, LT was discussed as not just a first round draft pick, but a #1 overall.QUOTE]

    People don't forget those 6 games where he had an awesome run, they just remember the 25 or so after that...
    Love the sarcasm! LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •