Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Interesting quote from Loeffler (as quoted by LT) in Washington Post article

“Me and [Loeffler] have talked about it and he said, ‘If I had had you for three or four years, you would have been gone already and you’d have been a first-round pick.’ I can’t say I would. Can’t say I wouldn’t. Obviously didn’t have him. I think I made such a jump this year, I think he’s right.”

Me again. Speaks strongly toward his potential future in the NFL if Loeffler is right.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...a3b_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Hokie 95 View Post
    “Me and [Loeffler] have talked about it and he said, ‘If I had had you for three or four years, you would have been gone already and you’d have been a first-round pick.’ I can’t say I would. Can’t say I wouldn’t. Obviously didn’t have him. I think I made such a jump this year, I think he’s right.”

Me again. Speaks strongly toward his potential future in the NFL if Loeffler is right.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...a3b_story.html
    But LT didn't have Loeffler for 3 or 4 years. So Loffler may be right, and is probably right but it can never be proven either way.

Unfortunately for everyone involved, LT had 4 years of Stiney/O'cain/Newsome/Sherman and 1 year of Lefty/Grimes/Moorehead.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    But LT didn't have Loeffler for 3 or 4 years. So Loffler may be right, and is probably right but it can never be proven either way.

Unfortunately for everyone involved, LT had 4 years of Stiney/O'cain/Newsome/Sherman and 1 year of Lefty/Grimes/Moorehead.
    No, but it might indicate a brighter NFL future than many here seem to think (and that might be indicated by his play in Blacksburg). Some team may gamble and win big.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Hokie 95 View Post
    No, but it might indicate a brighter NFL future than many here seem to think (and that might be indicated by his play in Blacksburg). Some team may gamble and win big.
    I don't think anybody has ever questioned his potential. But he had too much going against him.

I would take him really low in the draft and see how he does in camp and practice squad. It wouldn't be so much of a gamble. Let's see how does in senior bowl and combine.

Taking Logan Thomas is pretty low risk right now. I'd most definitely take that chance if I'm a GM

I didn't see a "jump this year" but maybe that will happen in the NFL...he'll certainly get a shot

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    I don't think anybody has ever questioned his potential. But he had too much going against him.

I would take him really low in the draft and see how he does in camp and practice squad. It wouldn't be so much of a gamble. Let's see how does in senior bowl and combine.
    LT may not fall that far in the draft. Like you said, a lot depends on what happens at the combine.

LT will not be drafted in the first 5 rounds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MEHOKIE View Post
    LT will not be drafted in the first 5 rounds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I think the combine and pro days will play out in his favor and he'll go higher. You're either saying they won't matter or will have a negative affect on his position in the draft. Which is it or do you see a different angle?

Objection! Calls for hearsay, your honor.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!