I'm guessing that basketball sticky above can be pulled now. (October 3rd)

Unless it's advertising next years event.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

This is the ghost board

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    This is the ghost board
    It appears that's becoming true for all the vBulletin boards, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by nvpbrown View Post
    It appears that's becoming true for all the vBulletin boards, sadly.
    Yep. Ever since Will came on here to announce our demise a few weeks ago, I've reluctantly started visiting the chat boards more.

We need to more threads that fit this style. I'm thinking of starting a "dark thoughts" thread, sort of a humorous thread that will run all season and contain all the dark, negative thoughts we currently harbor. I might wait until January or February to start my "Let's take a look at what programs are passing us by this year" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    We need to more threads that fit this style. I'm thinking of starting a "dark thoughts" thread, sort of a humorous thread that will run all season and contain all the dark, negative thoughts we currently harbor. I might wait until January or February to start my "Let's take a look at what programs are passing us by this year" thread.
    It's sad, but the reality of a dying V-Bulletin means I am gone. I tried to promote interest in the boards by doing just what you are implying: starting discussion type threads and contributing to discussion/debate. However, Nova Hokie 95 explained to me that I was a problem with the site; therefore, I am gone. I am not paying to read opinions of a guy that explicitly says I am the problem with this board. No thank you.

I hope the message boards stay afloat and people continue to contribute to discussion because I really do love this site; however, it is probably time for me to move on......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

The only problem with the vB boards was that it took TSL so long to implement this style of message board. Meanwhile, message boards in general began to lose members, other sources became more popular, and football and men's basketball went into a decline. Likewise, I would guess many of the users here are older than many message boards and grew to resist change. The second biggest mistake after taking so long for a new board was keeping the other one around instead of promoting and fixing this vB board (there's no reason every vB board should not be accessible from the drop down at the top of the page). The old-style chat board taking over isn't going to help anything. It's a cluttered mess and information is unnecessarily difficult to find.