Shockingly, UNC decides not to apply for reinstatement for PJ Hairston

I am really surprised at the decision.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...nt-pj-hairston

Apparently the family is NOT happy.

Here's their statement:

"We are displeased with the University of North Carolina’s decision not to submit the necessary paperwork to the NCAA requesting to have P.J. reinstated. This process has been long, and for to end without having a final decision from the governing body is a shame. Ultimately this affects P.J., and his eligibility to play Division 1 colligate basketball for the remainder of this season, as well as next season.

Despite our disappointment, we wish the team continued success.

P.J. will be making an announcement about his future plans within the next few weeks. For now, we respectfully ask the media to refrain from contacting us, so that they can enjoy a peaceful holiday season at home. "

Quote Originally Posted by VTChip View Post
    Apparently the family is NOT happy.

Here's their statement:

"We are displeased with the University of North Carolina’s decision not to submit the necessary paperwork to the NCAA requesting to have P.J. reinstated. This process has been long, and for to end without having a final decision from the governing body is a shame. Ultimately this affects P.J., and his eligibility to play Division 1 colligate basketball for the remainder of this season, as well as next season.

Despite our disappointment, we wish the team continued success.

P.J. will be making an announcement about his future plans within the next few weeks. For now, we respectfully ask the media to refrain from contacting us, so that they can enjoy a peaceful holiday season at home. "
    Not the least bit shocking, I'd be pissed too, especially seeing others get away with more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "The Hokies won an outright ACC championship during their first year in the conference. That's a feat Tech's in-state neighbor to the north has never accomplished in 52 seasons. For the record, it took Tech 12 weeks."

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Hokie 07 View Post
    Not the least bit shocking, I'd be pissed too, especially seeing others get away with more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    There is no reinstatement if benefits are over $10,000. I think UNC knows this and isn't bothering. Plus, it doesn't hurt if you beat #1, #3 and #11 without your best scorer.