Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

i'm confused about Rankin...

not going to redshirt but probably not going to play? did i read that right?
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

Sounds like an imminent transfer to me. I can think of no other logical outcome that's consistent with those two statements.

Bummer. Big Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Go VT View Post
    not going to redshirt but probably not going to play? did i read that right?

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcd40 View Post
    Sounds like an imminent transfer to me. I can think of no other logical outcome that's consistent with those two statements.

Bummer. Big Bummer.
    Yeah. I'm expecting an announcement right after exams are over. Then I'm expecting Berman to grill JJ mercilessly about the whole charade.

Quote Originally Posted by will stewart View Post
    yeah. I'm expecting an announcement right after exams are over. Then i'm expecting berman to grill jj mercilessly about the whole charade.
    lol

Bummer. Big Bummer.
    Realistically he just doesn't have a future with the Hokies. He could provide some depth this season but minutes would be limited. Then he would be riding the pine the rest of his career.

This seems to be an amicable situation between JJ and Rankin. He is attending the games and included in all team activities. It probably is best for Rankin's future to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by VT75 View Post
    Realistically he just doesn't have a future with the Hokies. He could provide some depth this season but minutes would be limited. Then he would be riding the pine the rest of his career.

This seems to be an amicable situation between JJ and Rankin. He is attending the games and included in all team activities. It probably is best for Rankin's future to transfer.
    If this is the case, does he have to sit a year? Or is this the sitting year since he isn't playing? If so, I am very impressed with the way it is being handled. Doing what is in the player's best interest while he keeps enrolled in school....well done. I imagine this will free a scholarship second semester, right?

Quote Originally Posted by VT75 View Post
    I don't think we know any of that. Seems like maybe he has assumed that though.

Bummer. Big Bummer.
    If that's the case, he just provided an additional scholarship for next year.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

I've only watched 2 games this year but I did pay attention to Rankin and his body language just doesn't seem like someone that is about to transfer. Tyrone Garland stopped going to games before he decided to transfer... why is Rankin going to games, in the huddle and cheering on his teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate23VT View Post
    I've only watched 2 games this year but I did pay attention to Rankin and his body language just doesn't seem like someone that is about to transfer. Tyrone Garland stopped going to games before he decided to transfer... why is Rankin going to games, in the huddle and cheering on his teammates?
    They are his friends? Everyone handles situations differently. My guess is he is gone if he's still not suiting up but I think the fact he is supporting the team when not playing reflects highly on how he views his teammates and the coaches. JMO